Crispy Pata. Crispy Pata or crispy pork leg is a popular Filipino pork dish. This dish can be eaten as a main dish along with rice and atcharang papaya. People also consume it as beer food or pulutan.
Crispy Pata made whole pork leg boiled until tender and then deep-fried until golden and crisp. Crunchy on the outside and moist on the inside, this popular Filipino delicacy is sinfully delicious! Crispy Pata is another of the sinful ways Filipinos love their pork. You can cook Crispy Pata using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Crispy Pata
- You need 2 liter of cooking oil.
- Prepare 2 medium of pork thigh or pata.
- It’s 1 head of garlic crushed.
- You need 3 tbsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground whole black pepper.
- You need 2 of bay leaf.
- You need 2 of onions sliced.
- It’s 4 liter of water for boiling.
Crispy Pata is not complete without the accompanying dip— a mix of vinegar, soy sauce, chopped onions, ground pepper and, sometimes, chili labuyo. You can use either hind or front leg to make Crispy Pata. The main difference is that the hind leg is usually bigger than the front leg. Crispy Pata is a Filipino crispy pork dish.
Crispy Pata instructions
- In a large pot, put all ingredients except cooking oil and boil until pork is fork tender that is at least 45 mins, adding water if needed..
- Drain the pork and let cool. Put in the fridge if possible..
- In a deep fryer, heat the cooking oil until very hot..
- Deep fry the pork thigh one at a time until it turns beautifully brown and blisters have appeared on the pork skin..
- Drain on paper towels and serve with steamed rice and your favourite sauce..
This crispy pata recipe makes use of pork leg. The leg is boiled along with seasonings and spices until tender. Afterwards, it is deep fried until it. This makes this dish tasty, crispy, and delicious. Let me know what you think.