my plain doughnuts. In a large bowl, sift together flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir in milk and egg until smooth. View Dunkin'® DDSMART® menu, Smart Swap options and nutrition information.
If you don't have a doughnut ring or biscuit cutters, you can make doughnut "holes" instead. Scoop a heaping tablespoon of dough and gently roll it into a ball. For frosted doughnuts, see our three easy doughnut glazes. You can have my plain doughnuts using 5 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of my plain doughnuts
- It’s 7 grams of dried yeast.
- You need 70 grams of caster sugar.
- It’s 500 grams of plain white flour.
- It’s 315 ml of whole milk (slightly warmed).
- You need 80 grams of butter (softened).
She would often serve the donuts plain, straight from the fryer. I prefer them tossed in a mixture of cinnamon and sugar, but powdered sugar or a glaze works great as well. These are cake donuts, which means there is no wait time! In a large bowl, whisk the butter, oil, and sugar together until combined.
my plain doughnuts step by step
- put the yeast in a bowl with a table spoon of the caster sugar and a table spoon of the flour. mix in the warm milk and put in a warm place for 15 minutes untill frothy..
- put the rest of the sugar, flour and butter in a bowl and add the yeast mixture. use a wooden spoon to bring the mixture together then use your hands to form a ball. knead for 5-10 minutes. put the dough in a large lightly oiled bowl, cover with cling film and a tea towel. place in a warm place and leave to rise for 1 hour..
- knock the dough back then form 25 small balls (pinch abit of the dough, roll in your hand). put on a greased baking tray, cover with cling film and a tea towel, put in a warm place and leave to rise for 1 hour..
- heat deep fat fryer to about 190oc. fry balls for about 2 minutes or untill golden brown (they float so you will need to turn them) take them out the fryer and straight away (while still hot) roll in sugar. then you have doughnuts!.
In a large bowl, sift together flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg. Remove from oil; drain on paper towels. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Immediately scoop the batter into a disposable decorating bag and close with a rubber band. Glazed, filled, cake or twisted, Rich's donuts always hit the spot for your customers.