Crispy southern fried shrimp. How to Make Southern Fried Shrimp: Peel and devein shrimp. Roll in seasoned flour until well coated. Drain on a paper towel lined wire rack placed over a baking sheet.
These shrimp are first seasoned with Cajun or Creole seasoning for just a little zip and then tossed in all-purpose flour. Classic Southern Fried Shrimp We love our southern fried shrimp in this part of The Deep South and fried up in a deep fryer is the best way to go when you cook fried shrimp. A hot deep fryer cooks them so quickly, that there is far less absorption of the fat, leaving behind a crispy, crunchy and delicious fried shrimp. You can cook Crispy southern fried shrimp using 4 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Crispy southern fried shrimp
- You need 1 box of Zatarains seasoned fish-fri.
- Prepare 1 packages of Jumbo shrimp devined cooked peeled tail on (14oz ).
- It’s 16 oz of Heavy whipping cream.
- Prepare 2 of Inches of vegetable oil.
This Southern Fried Shrimp recipe is easy, delicious, super easy to make. Crunchy on the outside and bursting with flavor. Seafood lovers will flip for these crispy breaded Kickin' Fried Shrimp. The crunchy coating is perfectly seasoned and provides extra crunch by combining both flour and cornmeal.
Crispy southern fried shrimp instructions
- Peel tails of shrimp . (You can also but tail less shrimp to save time).
- Pour about a cup of heavy whipping in a bowl..
- Pour about 2cups of fish fri in a container with a lid.
- Put the shrimp in the heavy whipping cream.
- After the shrimp ids cover in whipping cream put the in the container with the fish fri close lid and shake till all of the shrimp are fully cover with fish fri.
- Repeat steps 4-5 for crisper shrimp.
- Preheat 2 inches of vegetable oil at 350° in skillet or enough to fill deep fryer.
- When oil is hot enough let the shrimp fry fori 3-5 mins our till golden.
In warm weather or cool, these fiery shrimp are sure to start a party whenever they're served. Deep fried dishes aren't an everyday occurrence in our house so this is definitely a splurge for us. Deep frying foods don't require any special frying machines like you see on TV. Air Fryer Fried Shrimp cook up fabulously crispy and flavorful but without the added fat of deep frying. Serve them with a little cocktail sauce for a healthy appetizer or meal.