Lemon basil chicken. Combine lemon peel, lemon juice, garlic, salt, oil and basil in a blender or food processor. Pour the marinade over the chicken, seal the bag and turn to coat. This lemon basil chicken is made with chicken breasts marinaded in lemon juice, fresh basil, honey and garlic for a juicy and flavourful meat.
When ready to cook, remove chicken from the bag, remove any large chunks of basil or lemon zest that sticks to the chicken. This delectable Creamy Lemon Basil Chicken is made in one skillet and comes together quickly making it the perfect weeknight meal. The list of ingredients is short but the flavor is abundant. You can have Lemon basil chicken using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Lemon basil chicken
- You need of chicken breasts, cut in half lengthwise to make 6 slim breasts.
- It’s of Juice of 1 lemon (about 1/4 cup).
- Prepare of Zest of one lemon.
- Prepare of olive oil.
- You need of minced garlic.
- It’s of chopped fresh basil.
- It’s of salt.
- Prepare of pepper.
Place chicken in a baking dish, skin side up. Loosen the skin on each piece, and place a basil leaf Place the lemon slices on top of each piece of chicken and drizzle with the oil. Lemon Basil Chicken is so quick and easy! Lemon Herb Chicken is so quick and easy and makes everything better!
Lemon basil chicken instructions
- I like to cut my chicken breasts in half lengthwise, essentially making 2 breast out of one. I do this for several reasons. First, it allows for the flavor to soak in better. Second, it Cooks faster. Third, it Cooks more evenly..
- Zest the lemon first..
- Juice the lemon. If you don't quote have enough juice to make 1/4 cup, then you can add orange juice to even it out..
- Mix all ingredients into a bowl..
- Add chicken to bowl until completely covered..
- Let sit for exactly 1 hour! This is very important. If it under marinates, you won't get the strong flavor. But also don't over marinate. The lemon juice is an acid and will break down the material on the chicken. 1 hour is perfect..
- Grill for 8 minutes on medium high heat, flipping once half way through..
It's crazy juicy from an easy marinade of olive oil, lemon juice, basil, oregano. Lemon Basil Chicken SaladYummy, tangy, flavorful chicken salad perfect on a bed of lettuce or in a pita. A side of egg noodles complements the fresh lemon and basil flavors of this guest-friendly chicken While chicken cooks, prepare aioli. Garnish the chicken with the cooked lemon slices and fresh basil. This pan-fried chicken comes together in a snap with basic pantry staples, but tastes anything but ordinary.