Non-spicy Mapo Tofu.
You can cook Non-spicy Mapo Tofu using 14 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Non-spicy Mapo Tofu
- It’s of No chilly homemade Hong You or any Cooking oil.
- You need 1 of big block of Tofu (I prefer Hard Tofu).
- It’s 300 gr of beef mince.
- Prepare 1 of whole capsicum or a mix of different colour capsicums.
- It’s 1 stalk of Celery.
- You need 8 of dried shiitake mushrooms.
- It’s 10 of white button mushrooms.
- You need of Spring onions.
- You need of Black pepper.
- Prepare of Soy sauce.
- It’s of Oyster sauce.
- You need of Sesame oil.
- You need 1/2 cup of corn starch.
- It’s of Bean sprouts (Optional).
Non-spicy Mapo Tofu instructions
- Hong you (red oil) is totally my favourite thing. It smells amazing and goes well with BBQ, too. You can find Hong You recipe on the internet. If you don't want spiciness, just don't put chillies in your oil. If you don't have hong you, it's okay, any cooking oil would do but hong you makes your mapo tofu smell amazing..
- Gently clean the dried shiitake mushrooms then dip them in a bowl of hot water until soft. Keep this water..
- Capsicum, celery, mushrooms all chopped. Tofu chopped into 1cm³ blocks..
- Heat oil in a hot wok at high heat..
- If you only don't really like eating celery and capsicum and just want them for the smell, throw them in now..
- Add beef mince and stir until cooked..
- Throw in the mushrooms..
- Add a tablespoon of oyster sauce and soy sauce to taste. Stir well..
- Add 2, 3 more tablespoon off soy sauce so it is slightly saltier than you would like but not too salty..
- Once the shiitake mushrooms are soft enough to bite, add tofu, a bit of shiitake water and shimmer for a few minutes. If you like to eat celery and capsicum a bit raw, add them at this step..
- Use 1/2 cup of shiitake water to dissolve the corn starch..
- Slowly add the corn starch mixture into your wok and stir well until everything gets sticky..
- Turn off the stove..
- Add black pepper to your liking. Sprinkle a few drop of sesame oil. Stir well..
- Serve with rice..
- For people who like a bit of spiciness but not too much, you can add some chilly flakes at the last step..