Mexican Chicken. Heat a greased skillet to medium. Rub chicken pieces with garlic, salt, pepper and cumin to taste; place in hot skillet. Mexican food is a Food Network fan favorite, so here are the best Mexican chicken recipes to round out your recipe box.
When you're b-o-r-e-d with plain ol' grilled chicken breasts, these delicious Mexican chicken recipes will help you enjoy chicken again. From enchiladas to fajitas to cheesy burritos, we've got. I love Mexican food, but not the high calorie count that often comes with it. You can have Mexican Chicken using 21 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mexican Chicken
- Prepare 3 pieces of medium size chicken breast (cut into cubes).
- You need 1/2 piece of Green bell pepper.
- It’s 1/2 piece of Red bell pepper.
- You need 1/2 piece of Yellow bell pepper.
- You need 1 Handful of mushrooms.
- You need 1 Handful of peeled corn.
- You need 1 of Carrot.
- Prepare 1 of Onion.
- Prepare of Olive Oil.
- Prepare of Butter.
- Prepare of (optional) Grated Cheese.
- You need of To Marinate with Chicken.
- You need 1 tsp of Cumin.
- It’s 1 tsp of Salt (I used Himalayan Salt).
- You need 1 tsp of Chicken Mix (I got it from Jordan).
- You need 1 tsp of Chili powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Paprika powder.
- You need 1 tsp of Oregano (Zaatar).
- Prepare 1 tsp of 5-Spices powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Blackpepper.
- You need 2 tbsp of Olive oil.
This easy dish is healthy, delicious and a definite crowd pleaser! I like to serve the chicken with warm tortillas, rice, beans and salsa. For an equally awesome dish, you can substitute beef or pork for the chicken. —Heather Walker, Scottsdale, Arizona The Best Mexican Style Chicken Recipes on Yummly Mexican Chicken & Lime Soup, Mexican Minestrone Chicken Stew, Crock-pot Mexican Chicken It's high time to spice up your supper routine.
Mexican Chicken instructions
- Cut chicken breast into cubes and put all spices in a separate container. Put 1-2 tbsp of olive oil and mix..
- Marinate it about half an hour to an hour. If you have more time, marinate it overnight for a better taste..
- While waiting, cut the bell peppers and carrots into medium dice. For onion, slice it into thin wedges and for mushroom, slice it normally..
- Sautee the onions with butter/olive oil until it sweats a little then add mushrooms..
- When the mushrooms start to cook, put in the carrots and bell peppers. Continue cooking until the carrots start to soften..
- After it is done, put it aside..
- Now, put the marinated chicken into the pan and let it brown a little bit before mixing. Let it cook for about 7-10 minutes..
- Then, mix together the chicken with the vegetables we put aside earlier..
- If you have chicken stock in hand, use a cup of chicken stock and pour into the mix. If not, I use a powder chicken stock and put 2tsp and mix it with a cup of water..
- Let it simmer for around 10 minutes and stir it so the chicken is cook evenly..
- Cook until the sauce is thicken. Taste it, if you need more seasoning put the same spices for the marinated and adjust it to your taste buds..
- You can serve this way but the extra step makes it taste even better. Put it in a Pyrex and grill it in the oven (top fire) 180 ° C for around 10 minutes..
- If you feel like cheesin’ it, put shredded cheese on top of it and put back into the oven for 3-5 minutes..
Taste of Home has the best Mexican chicken casserole recipes from real cooks like you, featuring reviews, ratings, how-to videos and tips. Chicken Mole Casserole with Olives Mole sauces have layers of rich flavor with mild to moderate heat. Make a Mexican-inspired supper with our easy chicken recipes. Try family-friendly enchiladas, sharing fajitas with all the trimmings or a warming stew. It's made with enchilada sauce, green chiles, rice, and all the toppings (hello avocado, sour cream, and tomato)!.