relleno de papa ( stuffed potato). Peel potatoes and cut into uniformly sized chunks. Place in a pot and cover with water. This is a delicious Puerto Rican dish!
Take a scoop full of potato, Scoop some out into your hands and start flattening it down with your fingers until rounded. The mixture should be pretty thick and dry. Add a slightly beaten egg and mix well. You can cook relleno de papa ( stuffed potato) using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of relleno de papa ( stuffed potato)
- It’s 2 lb of potato.
- It’s 8 cup of water.
- It’s 4 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1 tsp of corn starch.
- It’s 6 cup of oil ( enough to deep fry them in).
- You need 2 lb of ground beef.
- It’s 1 tbsp of racaito.
- Prepare 1 dash of sazon total.
- It’s 1 dash of garlic powder.
Let the potatoes sit to cool down. Sprinkle corn starch on one hand and carefully spread one of the potato balls on your hand pushing down in the middle. Rellenos de papa (stuffed potato balls) recipe: deep fry genius creation of potato meets savory picadillo and then covered in a crusty heaven! Picadillo (ground beef hash) is surrounded by creamy, smooth mashed potatoes and then rolled in cornstarch, panko breadcrumbs and fried to golden brown perfection.
relleno de papa ( stuffed potato) instructions
- bring pot of water to boil. add potato..
- boil potato for 20 minutes.drain and peel potato..
- then mash them and add the butter, egg, corn starch, and 1/2 tsp. of salt..
- Mix well and place in the refrigerator to cool down..
- Meanwhile, make the picadillo ( meat).
- as meat is cooking add seasoning little by little until its to your liking.
- remove from heat, cover and let cool down..
- Divide the potato mix in about 10 pieces. Flour your hands with corn starch or flour so the dough won't stick to your hands. Take one piece of the potato section and spread the mix on the palm of your hand. Make a well in the center of the mix and place some meat filling in the center. Fold all sides to cover well and make a potato ball. Make sure to use as much corn starch or flour needed, to flour your hands so the dough won't stick..
- Now do the same to all the pieces until all are done. In a deep fryer or deep frying pan, place plenty of vegetable oil to cover the potato ball and deep fry the balls until golden. Place the golden potato balls to drain on paper towels..
- Enjoy ;).
Place the potatoes into a large pot and cover with salted water. Rellenos de papa (also called papas rellenas) is a delicious Puerto Rican dish! It is basicly balls of mashed potatoes with sauteed meat in the middle that are. This isn't the healthiest recipe but it's delicious and if you do any cooking for non vegsns, this is a great one to lure them in to a better than meat option. This is a delicious Puerto Rican dish!