Corn Nuggets. Mix together the cornmeal, flour, egg white, milk, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Dip frozen corn nuggets in the batter, and quickly fry in hot oil until golden brown. You'll love making these corn nuggets and so will your family.
A little bit at a time, mix in the liquid until the dough forms a ball. When the freezer time is up, heat one to two inches of oil in a large deep skillet. While the oil is heating, mix together the cornmeal, flour, egg white, milk, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. You can have Corn Nuggets using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Corn Nuggets
- It’s 1 can of cream of corn.
- You need 1 can of whole kernel corn.
- It’s 1/2 cup of yellow corn meal.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sugar.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- You need 1 cup of milk.
- It’s 1 quart of vegetable oil.
Pour both cans of corn and sugar in a bowl. On the outside they have a delicious, crispy batter coating which contrasts with the creamy sweet corn filling. These nuggets are great to serve as a side with the main meal or as an appetizer, as their small size is perfect for sharing!<br><br> Best of all, they come ready to make and are easy to prepare. Mix together the cornmeal, flour, egg white, milk, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
Corn Nuggets instructions
- mix can of cream corn and whole kernel corn in a medium bowl. place a greased foil sheet over a baking pan and spoon out mixture into about 20 chunks (they will eventually flatten but that's ok) Freeze for several hours.
- great a skillet with about 1 inch vegetable oil (or you may use a deep fryer following the manufacturer's directions).
- in a medium bowl mix corn meal, flour, sugar (I added a bit more because I'm so sweet!), eggs and milk (I used vanilla soy milk because I'm lactose intolerant) to make a thick waffle-like batter.
- completely coat each corn nugget/Pattie with the batter and drop into hot oil. depending on the heat of your oil, these may cook fairly quickly. however don't have the heat too high or the batter will cook and you corn may still be frozen!.
- remove corn nuggets/Patties with a spatula and place on a plate covered in paper towels to drain..
Dip frozen corn nuggets in the batter, and quickly fry in hot oil until golden brown. Remove to paper towels to drain. Pecos Valley corn nuggets are frozen, so you can store them in your freezer easily until you're ready to snack. These nuggets have a crispy batter exterior with a creamy filling that tastes sweet. Harvest sweet corn when the end kernels of the ear feel developed.