Fermented Birdseye Thai chili Peppers.
You can have Fermented Birdseye Thai chili Peppers using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Fermented Birdseye Thai chili Peppers
- It’s of peppers.
- You need 1 pints of of Thai Birdseye chili Peppers.
- It’s 6 clove of garlic cloves.
- It’s 2 tbsp of salt.
- It’s of hold downs.
- You need 1 of toothpicks.
- It’s 1 large of bamboo skewer.
- It’s of brine.
- It’s 3 tbsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- It’s of cover protector.
- Prepare 1 medium of cloth.
- It’s 2 large of rubber bands.
- It’s of when the fermentation is where you want it.
- You need 1 of distilled white vinegar.
Fermented Birdseye Thai chili Peppers step by step
- Pick or buy the peppers.
- Sterilize the container. Wash the peppers, toothpicks, and bamboo skewers..
- Cover bottom of container with a few peppers, add 1 tablespoons of salt. Fill 3/4 of the jar with more peppers. Peel garlic add to top..
- Put toothpicks across the top. Pry some under the curvature of the jar top. This is to trap the other toothpicks under them to hold down the peppers and garlic. Cut the skewer to be long enough to hold down all of them..
- Cover with cloth. Secure with rubber bands. Set in a cool dry place..
- Let sit 4 week or longer. Drain brine. You can eat as is or make into a paste. Refrigerate the rest you haven't used. Keeps 4 months..
- If your not going to use right away take a sterilized jar add peppers and garlic, then fill with vinegar. Heat in microwave on high till hot with lid off. Take out and add lid. Then let cool, as it cools it will seal..