Chicken Pesto Pasta. Easy and delicious bowtie pasta with chicken, sun-dried tomatoes and pesto sauce. Using homemade pesto will taste even better, but it adds to prep time. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms and red pepper in oil until tender.
Prepared pesto mainly consists of basil, olive oil, pine nuts, and parmesan cheese. Which means, pesto is pretty high in calories and fat. To lighten up this dish, cut back on the pesto and add some of the starchy pasta cooking water. You can have Chicken Pesto Pasta using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken Pesto Pasta
- You need of Chicken.
- You need of Pesto.
- Prepare of Bowtie Noodles.
- Prepare of Lemon Juice.
- It’s of Broccoli.
- It’s of Salt.
- You need of Pepper.
- You need of Italian Seasoning.
- It’s of Parsley Flakes.
- Prepare of Milk.
- You need of Butter.
Watch the step by step recipe video for Chicken Pesto Pasta below. Return the pan to the heat and stir in the pesto. Once cooked, drain the pasta well and add it to the pan. Mix well so the sauce coats the pasta.
Chicken Pesto Pasta instructions
- Boil water in a pot then add the noodles, cook until soft..
- Chop up broccoli and steam until noodles are done..
- Add butter, Italian seasoning, parsley flakes, salt and pepper to the broccoli..
- Mix noodles in with the broccoli..
- Add lemon juice, chopped up chicken, butter, pesto and a bit of milk and mix together..
- Lastly add a bit more salt, pepper, Italian seasoning and parsley flakes..
This creamy chicken and pesto pasta is one of those easy weeknight meals that tastes amazing yet doesn't take a ton of time to pull together. It's made with a store-bought pesto, cream, and parmesan cheese which makes it so quick and flavorful! I'm such a sucker for creamy pasta dishes so this chicken and pesto pasta is one of those easy recipes that I make all the time! Sprinkle on the cheese and basil, spoon in the rest of the pasta, then add more cheese on top. It will be melty, cheesy, and your kitchen will smell irresistible.