Catfish Stew or Étouffée (Louisiana style 🐊🦞). Catfish Stew or Étouffée (Louisiana style 🐊🦞) One recipe of the many ways of cooking a catfish stew in ole Louisiana. codyW Maurepas Louisiana . Today I'm sharing an etouffee-like recipe called Creole Fish Etouffee. This recipe basically takes etouffee (which has roux as its base) a step further by incorporating tomatoes resulting in the perfect creamy tomato-based stew — and that's where the "Creole" comes into play.
But this can opener-enabled madness borders on the ruination of the entire culinary heritage of Cajun and Creole culture. It is not the first time classic Crawfish Étouffée has come under attack. Heat the butter over medium heat in a large, heavy pot. You can have Catfish Stew or Étouffée (Louisiana style 🐊🦞) using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Catfish Stew or Étouffée (Louisiana style 🐊🦞)
- You need 4 lbs of catfish.
- It’s 4 of onions chopped.
- Prepare 1 of green bellpepper 1 red bellpepper.
- You need 2 tbs of rue.
- Prepare 1 can of tomatoe sauce.
- Prepare 1 can of rotel.
- You need 1 can of cream of mushroom.
- It’s 1 can of cream of celery.
- Prepare 2 tbs of Cajun seasoning.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 tbs of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 pack of Green onions chopped I did.
- You need of Red pepper is optional.
It contains the Holy Trinity as other Louisiana foods like gumbo and is served over rice. Heat the butter and bacon fat in a saucepan until foaming. Melt the butter in a heavy large skillet. Crawfish Étouffée Recipe by The Cajun Ninja The Cajun Ninja..
Catfish Stew or Étouffée (Louisiana style 🐊🦞) instructions
- Make a rue or buy jar rue I did 1/2 cup grease to half cup of flour an had a little extra.
- Melt butter an add rue, then add rotel,tomatoes sauce plus half of the can of water, onions,peppers and seasons an simmer for a hour..
- Add cream of mushroom an cream of celery now I added little bit of water not much bc the fish gonna have water in it an I checked my seasoning to see if I need more, then let simmer for 30 mins..
- As catfish an green onions an let simmer for 20 more mins then it will be done, serve over rice..
- All done !.
Just in time for Crawfish Season!. Meatball Stew by The Cajun Ninja – Duration:. Étouffée is a French word means "smothered" or "suffocated." As you can see in the photo, the shrimp is smothered with a combination of chopped vegetables and tomatoes in a rich brown roux. The brown roux and the addition of tomatoes are typical of a Creole étouffée. Crawfish Etouffee – How to Make an Easy Crawfish Etouffee Louisiana style with Beryl Stokes and Cajun Cooking TV. If you're looking for an easy Louisiana crawfish etouffee recipe that tastes great.