Warm chickpeas and yogurt salad – fattet hummus. In this Lebanese version from chef Fouad Kassab's mother Isabelle, brown butter tops a layered dish of baked pita and chickpeas tossed with spiced yogurt. To save time, soak the chickpeas in water and baking soda: the alkalinity of the soda breaks down the beans' cellular walls and reduces the cooking. Fattet hummus is a creamy, pine-nutty concoction often eaten in Palestine, Lebanon, and Syria for a satisfying weekend brunch.
Fattet Hummus is a healthy and delicious Middle Eastern dish that is usually served for breakfast. Made with hummus, yogurt and toasted pita. Fattet hummus is best enjoyed right after it's made as the toasted bread can still hold the crunch even after it's soaked with chickpea water. You can cook Warm chickpeas and yogurt salad – fattet hummus using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Warm chickpeas and yogurt salad – fattet hummus
- Prepare 1 kg of yogurt.
- You need 6 cups of canned chickpeas.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, crushed.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of cumin.
- It’s 2 loaves of pita bread, cut into small pieces then fried.
- You need 1/2 cup of pine nuts, fried.
- You need 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil, for frying.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
Hummus Salad Bowl with Lemon VinaigretteVeggies Save The Day. Fatteh hummus the Middle Eastern dish which usually served for a breakfast or lunch. Toasted pita flat bread, hummus beans (chickpeas, garbanzo beans) are layered with yogurt topping and sprinkle with toasted pine nuts Garnish with parsley, paprika, and toasted pine nuts. Fatteh hummos – chickpeas, yogurt and pita.
Warm chickpeas and yogurt salad – fattet hummus instructions
- In a cooking pot, heat the chickpeas with a small amount of water..
- Drain the chickpeas and put them in a serving bowl or shallow dish..
- Sprinkle with cumin, salt and the fried bread bits..
- Add the crushed garlic to the yogurt, mix well and pour it over the bread and chickpeas..
- Sprinkle with fried pine nuts and serve immediately..
- Note: you can use roasted bread bits instead of fried ones..
Middle East Food Middle Eastern Recipes Chicken Chickpea Chicken Salads Healthy Chicken Lebanese Chicken Lebanese Recipes Lebanese Cuisine Lebanese fattet-hummos-chickpeas-yogurt-and-pitamarmite-et-ponpon. Add yogurt and lemon juice and mix well to combine; season with salt. Melt butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Add cashews and cook Drain chickpeas and divide evenly among bowls, then spoon over some of the toasted cashews and brown butter. Sprinkle with sumac just before serving if desired.