Mini Corn Dogs. The humble hot dog can be many a wondrous snack, especially when it goes beyond the bun. While Everything Puff Pastry Pigs In a Blanket have been a mealtime game-changer around here, it was time to tackle a DIY spin on a deep-fried delicacy I grew up eating regularly while making. These Mini Corn Dogs are super easy and fun to make!
Well think of being a kid at the fair or cheering in the stands at the game, holding one of these puppies in your hand just seemed to make it. Delicious Mini Baked Corn Dogs are the perfect easy lunch or dinner for your busy weeks. Your kids will love these cute little corn dog bites! You can cook Mini Corn Dogs using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mini Corn Dogs
- Prepare 12 of Turkey Hotdogs.
- It’s 1/4 cup of sugar.
- You need 36 of toothpicks.
- Prepare 1 of milk (as needed).
- You need 1 box of Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix (made as directed).
- It’s 1/2 cup of flour.
Promptly refrigerate any unused heated portion. FOR FOOD SAFETY AND QUALITY, FOLLOW THESE HEATING INSTRUCTIONS. Dunk flour battered hot dogs into corn dog batter by using a fork. Make sure to fully coat the dogs before frying in the oil.
Mini Corn Dogs step by step
- Preheat 3in of oil in skillet over medium or deep fryer to 350°F.
- Cut hotdogs into 1/3, insert toothpicks.
- Make corn muffin mix as directed, add sugar, and milk until its almost pancake thin.
- Add flour to seperate bowl.
- Once oil is heated, using tooth pick dredge in flour (shake of excess) then roll in corn batter (make sure its covered let excess batter drip off).
- Immediately add to oil.. if frying in pan cook on each side 2-3 min, if deep frying cook 3-4 min (I used my deep fry basket to hold them down since they will float to the top).
- Once they are golden brown, remove and drain on a paper towel lined plate (remove toothpicks if desired).
For even cooking use a slotted steel spoon or a pair of tongs to rotate the floating corn dogs. My grandchildren, who are corn dog connoisseurs, liked them very much. The mini-hot dogs I used were spicy which added to the entire flavor. I liked the honey mustard sauce, although the kids weren't going to touch it. Recommended Video Reviews Miniature Corn Dogs.