Cumbersome Sweet Potato Fries. Keep as much of the liquid and ingredients in as possible (explain later). Spray baking sheet with non-stick spray. Mushy sweet potato fries make us sad.
They have all the potential to be as shatteringly crispy as any regular fry, with all the extra flavor and sweetness we've come to love in sweet potatoes. Sweet Potato Fries A delicious side dish or snack! To make these homemade sweet potato fries, you will need: Sweet potatoes: Organic, if possible. You can cook Cumbersome Sweet Potato Fries using 21 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cumbersome Sweet Potato Fries
- It’s of Fries.
- It’s 10 large of Sweet Potatoes.
- It’s 1 of Oil for Deep Fryer (follow your fryer's specific instruction).
- It’s 1/2 cup of Brown Sugar.
- You need 3 tbsp of Chili Powder.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Salt.
- You need 2 tbsp of Garlic Powder.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of White Sugar.
- Prepare of Pre-Soak (or brine).
- You need 7 cup of Water.
- You need 2 cup of Kosher Salt.
- It’s 1 cup of Brown Sugar.
- You need 1 cup of Mild Molasses.
- It’s 1 bunch of Fresh Sage.
- Prepare 2 bunch of Fresh Thyme.
- It’s 2 quart of Ice.
- Prepare 2 large of Onions (quartered).
- You need 1 head of Garlic.
- You need 3 tbsp of Olive Oil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Black Pepper.
- It’s 4 cup of Chicken Broth.
I also like to peel my sweet potatoes, but you're welcome to leave the skins on if you prefer. Just be sure to give them a nice good scrub beforehand. Meanwhile, make dipping sauce: In a medium bowl, whisk to combine mayonnaise, barbecue sauce, and hot sauce. Yes, we are in full swing of fun summer recipes and today is no exception.
Cumbersome Sweet Potato Fries step by step
- Wash sweet potatoes well if you intend to leave the skins on. Cut all of the potatoes into 3/8 of an inch thick sticks. If you choose you can very well peel the potatoes as well..
- Put the 7 cups of water in a large pot and bring to a boil..
- Add the chicken broth, salt and brown sugar and dissolve in the liquid. Once dissolved remove from (or turn off) heat..
- Add the molassess, sage, thyme, onions, garlic, olive oil, and black pepper. Let sit for 10 minutes..
- Add the ice and let cubes melt..
- Add the sweet potatoes and let soak for 30 – 90 minutes. After 30 – 90 minutes remove from soak with a hand strainer and pat dry. Keep as much of the liquid and ingredients in as possible (explain later)..
- In your deep fryer, turkey fryer (what I use), or pot (following your specific instructions as to how much) add oil (canola or lard) and heat to 375°F (190 degrees C). This process can be started while the potatoes are soaking..
- In a bowl add Brown Sugar, Chili Powder, Salt, Garlic Powder and White Sugar. With your fingers mix all ingredients together..
- Once poatatoes have soaked and oild is 375 (190) add the potatoes in batches according to the size of your fryer or pot (DO NOT OVERLOAD) and cook each batch for about 10 minutes or until golden brown..
- Drain potatoes on paper towel and season with Brown Sugar, Chili Powder, Salt, Garlic Powder and White Sugar mixture to taste. Do not place batches on top of one another as they come out of the fryer as the bottom will get overlu seasoned..
- What I typically do is use the leftover brine for chickens. I just add two whole chickens and soak them over night. I'll add that recipe soon..
How to make Truly Crispy Oven Baked Sweet Potato Fries (Full Recipe & Video) Truly CRISPY Oven Baked Sweet Potato Fries. How to get delicious and most importantly CRISPY Oven Baked Sweet Potato Fries. The thin cornstarch bath is the secret to crispy, golden brown deep-fried sweet potato fries. If you've had trouble getting sweet potato fries to crisp up, you should try this method. Combine all ingredients; toss to coat.