One-Pot Healthy Creamy Spinach Asparagus Pasta. Once pasta is al dente, add in spinach, salt, pepper, seasoning, and cheese, and mix until spinach is wilted and everything is coated in the sauce. Add the shrimp back in and give it a stir until fully incorporated. Serve with some extra parmesan cheese, if desired.
This one-pot pasta dinner is simple, fresh, and healthy—what's not to love? Cooking the pasta right in the sauce saves time and. Change up the spinach for any vegetables you have on hand such as sliced zucchini and mushrooms, or add leftover diced cooked chicken thighs or cooked and crumbled. You can have One-Pot Healthy Creamy Spinach Asparagus Pasta using 12 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of One-Pot Healthy Creamy Spinach Asparagus Pasta
- It’s 1/2 of large onion, chopped.
- Prepare 8 of asparagus leaves, chopped.
- You need of garlic salt.
- You need 1 tsp of olive oil.
- It’s of ~ 1 1/2 cup organic chicken stock.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of reduced 1% milk.
- Prepare 1 handful of spinach leaves.
- Prepare of ~2 cups Italian dry garofalo pasta (or any other variety).
- Prepare 1-2 tsp of cornstarch (depending how thick you want your sauce to be).
- Prepare of optional: sprinkle of parmesan cheese.
- You need of optional: some cubed smoked ham or cooked sausage chunks.
- You need of optional: some diced bell pepper for more sweet tanginess to cut the richness, add in with the onions.
Drain in a colander; rinse with cold water until cool. Squeeze spinach to remove as much liquid as possible; coarsely chop, and set aside. As easy to make as it is delicious, this seemingly indulgent but surprisingly healthy one-pot creamy chicken pasta will no doubt become a family favorite! But I had carrots and asparagus.
One-Pot Healthy Creamy Spinach Asparagus Pasta instructions
- Heat up the oil in a small heavy-bottomed saucepan with the diced onions and asparagus.
- Toss in some garlic salt and sautee for around 3-5 minutes..
- Then add in the chicken stock and milk, it should be around 1.5 inches from the rim (so that it doesn't boil over)..
- Add in the dry pasta.
- Continue to cook on medium heat until the mixtures starts to boil..
- Then, boil the mixture for around 10 minutes stirring every once in a while with a rubber spatula until the pasta is soft and al dente. (If you want to add ham or cooked meatballs or sausages, now is the time to do it).
- Add in the spinach and stir.
- Dissolve corn starch in around 1 tablespoon of water and add to the sauce/pasta..
- Stir until the sauce thickens a little (sauce will continue to thicken as it cools!) and remove from heat..
- Serve plain or sprinkle with some parmesan cheese (optional).
- If not salty enough, sprinkle some more garlic salt until desired taste..
My family loves easy pasta dish made with penne noodles, chicken and asparagus tossed in a My family loves this easy Creamy Chicken and Asparagus Pasta dish made with penne noodles You could also substitute regular milk for a healthier substitute, but the sauce wont be quite as creamy. This one pot pasta has a luxurious tomato and mascarpone sauce, spinach and fresh basil. One-Pot Creamy Spinach Lentils – SO GOOD! Made with lots of veggies and a potato-thickened broth base to hold it all together. #healthy. A recipe for quick and easy creamy orzo pasta made with spinach and Parmesan cheese.