Pumped up potato skins. Potato Skins Who doesn't love potato skins? Loaded Potato Skins are an easy appetizer made with the crispy skins of a baked potato and filled with bacon, cheese, sour cream, and chives!. I've mentioned before how much I love fun appetizers, and this recipe is no exception.
Most restaurant style potato skins are deep fried and then the toppings are added and they're broiled. I want to include loaded potato skins on a party menu but would like to do as much in advance as possible. It only stands to reason that potato skins — long a staple of bars and tailgate parties — are delicious in just about any form. You can cook Pumped up potato skins using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pumped up potato skins
- It’s 1 of Whole potatos.
- Prepare 1 cup of Cheese.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Chives.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Butter.
- You need 1/4 cup of Crumbled bacon.
- You need 1/3 cup of Diced cooked ham.
- You need 1/3 cup of Diced cooked turkey.
- It’s 1/3 of Diced cooked chicken.
Even if they don't have much (or any) potato flesh left on them, the skins alone are full of potato goodness, and, once roasted, taste something like a potato chip or a French fry, but with even more flavor. Potato skins with a pizza filling, a nice change from the always delicious traditional bacon skins. These are made with baby red potatos so are bite size and great to serve as an appetizer. They also make a different side for meals Crispy potato skins packed with a naughty cheesy filling are a comfort classic, super-easy to prepare and can be scaled up or down depending on who you're feeding.
Pumped up potato skins step by step
- Slice potato in half, with a spoon shave out the insides an place in deep fryer for 2 1/2 minutes or untill golden brown..
- In a pan, melt the butter and add chicken, turkey, and ham. Toss around in pan till seared.
- Thin layer of cheese on the bottom of the potato followed by the chicken turkey and ham, the toped off with the rest of the cheese.
- Set in an oven at around 400°F for 5 minutes when top layer of cheese is golden.
- Add the bacon an chives and serve.
Whether you've got a load of mates coming over to watch the game, or you're after a warming dinner for one, here are a bunch of ideas to make them that little bit more special. How to Make Ridiculously Easy Potato Skins. Then, scrape the inside of the potato into a bowl and add shredded cheddar cheese, green onions, and bacon bits. Perfect Potato Soup Potato soup.the way I love it! Simple, delicious, and warms your soul.