fried fish. Crispy Pan Fried Fish I think that cooking fish on the stove is the BEST way to cook fish, especially when you invest in really good fish fillets – or you've caught your own! Crispy and golden on the outside – with or without skin – and beautifully juicy on the inside, pan fried fish is one of those things that is so quick and so good. For a crowd-pleasing dinner, replace half the fish fillets with large peeled shrimp: Dip them in batter first, then in panko before frying.
Haddock and cod are two excellent choices for fried fish, but tilapia, pollock, or another mild white fish should work fine. Be careful not to overcook thin fillets. Serve the fried fish with a classic tartar sauce or a tasty Louisiana rémoulade. You can have fried fish using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of fried fish
- It’s 5 of fish filets (flounder, cod, stripped bass).
- It’s 1 cup of buttermilk.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- You need 1/4 cup of water.
- It’s 1 cup of corn meal.
- You need 4 tbsp of flour.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of old bay seasonings.
- You need 1 of enough oil for frying, or use deep fryer or bake at 400 whatever your preferance.
If desired, season to taste with salt and pepper. Rest them on a rack to let the extra oil run off. Squeeze a little lemon juice on top. These air fryer fish fillets are golden and crispy from the outside, soft and velvety from the inside.
fried fish step by step
- beat egg , buttermilk, and water well.
- mix cornmeal, flour and seasonings in separate dish.
- dip fish in milk then dry mix, either bake on cookie sheet for 20 min or fry about 3-5 min on each side until golden brown.
This is a wonderful way to cook fried style fish with very little oil, which makes it an easy and guilt-free meal that you can enjoy at any day of the week. Fried fish refers to any fish or shellfish that has been prepared by frying. Often, the fish is covered in batter, egg and breadcrumbs, flour, or herbs and spices before being fried and served, often with a slice of lemon. Fish is fried in many parts of the world, and fried fish is an important food in many cuisines. For many cultures, fried fish is historically derived from pescado frito, and.