Caramel Popcorn. After mixing the popcorn and caramel divide the corn into two paper grocery bags. Our Easy Homemade Caramel Corn is a family favorite. It is super yummy and super easy.
Spray large shallow roasting pan with cooking spray. Then pour the caramel into the pot with the popcorn; stir to coat and spread the popcorn onto the prepared baking sheet. Light and crunchy popcorn wrapped in our rich and creamy caramel for true caramel lovers. You can have Caramel Popcorn using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Caramel Popcorn
- You need 1/2 cup of unpopped corn kernels.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil.
- You need 1 1/2 of tablespon unsalted butter.
- It’s 2 tablespoon of white or brown sugar.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda.
- You need 1/4 tablespoon of salt.
- Prepare of Equipments needed.
- Prepare of Large lidded saucepan or a pressure cooker.
- You need bowl of Large heatproof mixing.
- Prepare of Heatproof spatula.
Classic hard, filled, chewy and soft caramels made with real butter and fresh cream. Remove from heat; stir in baking soda. Consider this popcorn a blank slate for other flavorings and extras. For a sweet-savory dinner party appetizer, mix some hot sauce or curry powder into the caramel sauce.
Caramel Popcorn step by step
- Put cooking oil in heavy bottom pan or cooker Add all the unpopped corns with 1/4 spoon of salt and mix well Cover with the lid..
- If you have taken cooker then put the lid but don't keep whistle on it If using a pan then too don't cover completely.
- Keep shaking the pan or cooker to avoid getting corns burnt You will soon hear the popping sound of corns.
- This may take 10 mins but keep checking inbetween Also keep it on low flame all the time.
- Caramel sauce Take 1 1/2 table spoon butter (unsalted) in another deep pan Add sugar to it and keep stirring till all the sugar gets dissolved with butter.
- It's colour too will change to nice shiny brown Add baking soda to it and give a nice mix and immediately add 1/2 of the cooked popcorns and mix bhi nicely so that they get coated well.
- Enjoy as teatime snacks.
Salted caramel popcorn, sprinkled with sea salt while still hot from the oven, is an easy gourmet dessert to bring out midway through a cocktail party or movie night with friends. I have noticed that a lot of caramel popcorn recipes out there just don't have the right caramel to popcorn ratio. They're either too sticky, or too hard. With a little trial and error, I believe I've created the Best Caramel Popcorn you can find! The caramel is made on the stove, without the need of a candy thermometer.