Simple Dirty Rice. Cajun dirty rice recipe is truly a one pot meal. It is hearty and delicious while being so simple. This recipe is easy and perfect for a weekend night.
I got this recipe because normally "dirty rice" is a cajun thing, so I made it with Cajun Chicken. However, it was a big hit! Next time I make it, I'll do so with a spanish meal! You can cook Simple Dirty Rice using 17 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Simple Dirty Rice
- It’s 4 cup of parboiled rice.
- You need 1 of med chicken liver.
- It’s 1 of small red pepper.
- It’s 1/4 of small onion.
- It’s 1 tsp of fresh garlic.
- You need Dash of yellow food coloring.
- You need Dash of cumin.
- It’s Dash of oregano.
- It’s to taste of Salt & pepper.
- Prepare 2 cubes of or small packs of chicken bullion.
- You need 1/2 cup of bacon bits (optional).
- You need 1/2 cup of canned peas.
- It’s 1/2 cup of canned sweet corn.
- You need 2 of tblsp olive oil.
- It’s 1 cup of white cooking wine.
- You need 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 8 oz of beer (light).
Brown the sausage making a small crumble mixture in a skillet until cooked through. Stir in the broth, rice and minced onion. What a quick easy and budget friendly dish! Dirty Rice is one of our favorites and so easy to whip up.
Simple Dirty Rice step by step
- Boil chicken liver for 10 min or until cooked, let cool and dice finely.
- Sauté onion, pepper,and garlic in the olive oil about 3 to 4 min,then add the wine and bring to boil.
- Add rice, bullion and seasonings, a pinch of coloring,oregano, cumin, salt& pepper, bacon bits,,bay leaf, along with 4 cup of water, cover and cook on med for 20 min. Uncover, add the beer, the corn and the peas, mix well and let cook for another 5 to 6 min. Adjust seasonings for final taste. Serve and enjoy.
It is a full meal in itself and if you are in hurry cook the rice ahead of time and refrigerate it. You will need to heat it up in the pot with the meat and vegetables for one to two minutes longer but it will still be delicious!! This rice recipe results in a dish so delicious, you'll wonder why you didn't make it sooner. It packs a punch, but it's not overwhelming, making it a perfect complement to many mains. This dirty rice uses only red bell peppers and omits the green bell peppers found in other dirty rice recipe, which makes for a smoother flavor.