Greek style rice pudding.
You can cook Greek style rice pudding using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Greek style rice pudding
- Prepare 1.5 cups of Italian style rice.
- You need 1-2 cups of water.
- You need 1.5 litres of milk.
- Prepare 1 1/4 cups of granulated sugar or to your liking.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 2 of cinnamon sticks.
- It’s of Ground cinnamon for topping.
Greek style rice pudding step by step
- Firs wash the rice vigorously in a strainer.
- Now add the water in a pot and add water till it covers the rice about one inch above and boil at low heat till the water is almost evaporated from the pot.
- In another bigger pot add the milk and bring it to a boil at medium low heat.
- Now that the water is starting to boil add the rice,cinnamon sticks,vanilla and sugar make sure the rice goes in with the left over water it will help so the milk will not rise.
- Cook at low closer to medium heat stirring constantly so the rice doesn’t stick for close to 45 min you will notice the starch will start making the pudding thicker.
- Now it’s ready poor it in small bowls and enjoy.