Italian Olive Chicken and Peppered Gnocchi. Creamy Chicken Gnocchi Soup has a thick and rich broth with shredded carrots, celery, chopped spinach I love all of Olive Garden's Soups but their Chicken Gnocchi soup is awesome. The best part is that it Salt and pepper: To taste! Optional Ingredient Swaps: Substitutes for gnocchi: pasta.
How to Make Olive Garden Chicken After the potatoes are boiled off, just smash them down, add flour and salt and pepper, roll them out and. You might adore Olive Garden for the unlimited salad and breadsticks or the ultra-comforting pastas, but for me, it's all about the luxuriously creamy chicken gnocchi soup. The Best Gnocchi With Chicken Recipes on Yummly You can cook Italian Olive Chicken and Peppered Gnocchi using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Italian Olive Chicken and Peppered Gnocchi
- Prepare 4 of boneless skinless chicken breast.
- It’s 1 of large egg.
- You need 1 Cup of Italian Bread Crumbs.
- You need 1 Package of Potato Gnocchi.
- You need of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- It’s 4 Cloves of Fresh Chopped Garlic.
- Prepare 3-4 Sprigs of Fresh Thyme.
- You need 1 Cup of Fresh Basil chopped.
- It’s 1 of Large Red Onion.
- It’s 1 of Large Can Fire Roasted Tomatoes diced.
- You need 6-8 of Diced Roma Tomatoes.
- It’s 1 Can of Pitted Black Olives.
- You need 1.5 Cups of Cabernet or Dry Red Wine.
- It’s of Cracked Black Pepper.
- It’s of Coarse Ground Sea Salt.
- It’s of Fresh Grated Asiago.
This is very close to the Olive Garden soup. There's another recipe on the web, which was the basis of this recipe, however, I have changed it to use less cream. Add chicken, chicken stock, half and half, salt and pepper, thyme. Heat to boiling, then add gnocchi.
Italian Olive Chicken and Peppered Gnocchi step by step
- For Sauce: Dice onion and garlic. Coat bottom of a large stock pot with EVOO. On Medium High heat add onions, garlic, and wine. Cook 8-10 minutes until onions are translucent. Add diced tomatoes, chopped basil, thyme sprigs. Reduce heat to simmer. Halve olives and add to sauce. Allow to simmer for an hour on low heat. Salt to taste..
- For Chicken: Preheat Oven to 375 degrees. In a bowl, wisk egg. Dip each chicken breast to coat with egg then coat with bread crumbs. Sprinkle with Salt and Pepper. Grease baking sheet with EVOO, place chicken on sheet and bake for 45 minutes. (Depending on size of chicken breast) Once done remove from pan into a hot oiled skillet and cook for another 3-5 minutes each side. This adds a much needed crunch factor..
- For Gnocchi: Prepare Gnocchi as directed on package. (Boiled normally). Transfer prepared Gnocchi to a hot oiled skillet. While frying Gnocchi add salt and pepper. Pepper to taste. Remove from heat when golden on one or both sides..
- Serve Chicken over top Peppered Gnocchi, top with Red Sauce. Sprinkle fresh asiago for the finishing touch. Pair with a mellow Chianti and enjoy!.
Remove the chicken and let cool. Pull off the meat and shred into bite-sized pieces; cover and set aside. Season the broth with salt and pepper. Bring the soup to a boil and drop in the gnocchi. ITALIAN GRANDMA Makes GNOCCHI FROM SCRATCH