Black Bean Quesadillas.
You can have Black Bean Quesadillas using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Black Bean Quesadillas
- It’s 3 tbsp. of olive oil, divided.
- You need 1/2 of a small onion, diced.
- You need 1 of small bell pepper, diced.
- You need 1 of jalapeno, diced (optional for heat).
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 2 cups of chopped spinach.
- Prepare 1 cup of canned black beans, rinsed and drained.
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of taco seasoning.
- Prepare to taste of salt and pepper.
- Prepare pinch of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 2 tbsp. of chopped cilantro.
- It’s of juice from 1/2 of a lime.
- It’s 2 cups of freshly shredded cheese (use a kind that melts easily).
- You need 4 of flour tortillas (the burrito sized ones).
Black Bean Quesadillas step by step
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tbsp. of the oil over medium heat. Once hot, add the peppers and onions and cook, stirring often, until they have begun to soften, about 3-4 minutes. Stir in the garlic and spinach and cook, stirring often, until the spinach wilts..
- Add the black beans and seasonings to the skillet and cook just 2 or so minutes more, then remove from heat and transfer the bean mixture to a large bowl..
- Stir the cilantro, lime juice and cheese into the bean mixture. Return the skillet to the heat and add the additional 2 tbsp. of oil to it..
- Prepare the quesadillas by placing 1/4 of the bean and cheese mixture over one half of each tortilla, then fold the other half over it, so it's a half circle..
- Once the oil is hot and shimmering, add the quesadilla carefully to the skillet. Cook for 2-3 minutes, or until golden, then flip it carefully and cook the other side for 2-3 minutes, until golden and the cheese is all melted..
- Slice into thirds using a large, sharp knife and serve immediately..