Easy, Baked Cranberry-Pecan Acorn Squash. This stuffed acorn squash recipe is literally like autumn in your mouth bursting with ingredients like apples, cranberries, pecans and more. Apple Cranberry Pecan Stuffed Acorn Squash is definitely a must try! Great recipe for Easy, Baked Cranberry-Pecan Acorn Squash.
Baked Acorn squash is a delicious, easy and healthy side dish for a fall dinner! Full of nutrients and plenty of fiber; Acorn squashis so sweet, once baked, I eat mine plain and LOVE it! Eat it plain or loaded with brown sugar and butter this is a 'must have often' for fall meals. You can have Easy, Baked Cranberry-Pecan Acorn Squash using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Easy, Baked Cranberry-Pecan Acorn Squash
- You need 1 of small Acorn Squash, halved and seeds removed..
- Prepare 3/4 cup of chopped pecans.
- You need 1/2 cup of dried cranberries (I used the 50% less sugar Craisins).
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of raw honey.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of unrefined coconut oil.
Turn acorn squash upside down onto a cookie sheet. How to cook acorn squash: It's super easy to roast an acorn squash. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment or aluminum foil id you prefer. Place the acorn squash on a cutting board and using a sharp knife, slice the acorn squash in half.
Easy, Baked Cranberry-Pecan Acorn Squash instructions
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Also, if you'd like to eat the skin of the squash, which I recommend, make sure you clean it well!.
- In a bowl, combine pecans, cranberries, salt and honey..
- Split the mixture and put it in the center of the two squash halves. Top each half with 1 tablespoon of coconut oil a piece..
- Place in a baking dish (I used an 8 x 8 glass Pyrex dish), cover with foil, and bake for 1 hour or until the flesh is soft. Let it cool for about 20 minutes, it's hot!.
Then, remove the seeds using a spoon. After you nail your baked acorn squash, add it to this roasted acorn squash salad. If you want it to be the star of supper, consider making a stuffed acorn squash recipe. Cut squash in half lengthwise; remove seeds. Combine remaining ingredients; fill squash with fruit mixture.