Indonesian Sweetcorn Balls. Transfer to a bowl and stir in the sweetcorn, onion, flour, coriander and chilli sauce. Knead to a dough, adding a little warm water if necessary, to make the dough workable. Well finally I found this recipe for corn fritters and tried it.
See great recipes for Baked Rice with XO Sauce and Sweetcorn too! In South East Asia, we are huge on corn so it is no surprise there are many different delicious versions of crunchy corn fritters from Indonesia, Thailand, India, etc. Using fresh corn kernels is vital for sweet, fresh and juicy corn fritters. You can have Indonesian Sweetcorn Balls using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Indonesian Sweetcorn Balls
- It’s 115 grams of unsalted peanuts.
- You need 325 grams of canned sweetcorn (drained).
- You need 1 of onion (finely chopped).
- You need 115 grams of plain flour.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground coriander.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of chilli sauce.
- You need 1 dash of salt.
- It’s 1 tbsp of warm water (optional).
- You need 1 of groundnut oil (for deep frying).
They are really inexpensive and packed with tons of antioxidant benefits. Welcome to the party, corn fritters! So there's good news and there's bad news when it. Adik's Cheesy Potato Sweetcorn Balls by @adikfoods Sedap dengan rasa lemak kentang dan manis jagung Sesuai untuk sesiapa yang vegeterian Boleh disimpan dalam freezer (dingin beku) apabila nak.
Indonesian Sweetcorn Balls step by step
- Place the peanuts in a food processor and process briefly until coarsely ground. Alternatively, grind them in a mortar with a pestle..
- Transfer to a bowl and stir in the sweetcorn, onion, flour, coriander and chilli sauce. Season to taste with salt. Knead to a dough, adding a little warm water if necessary, to make the dough workable..
- Heat the oil in a deep-fryer or large heavy-based saucepan. Using your hands, form tablespoonfuls of the dough into balls, then drop the sweetcorn balls into the hot oil, in batches, and cook until golden and crisp..
- Remove the sweetcorn balls with a slotted spoon, drain on kitchen paper and keep warm while you cook the remaining batches. Serve immediately or leave to cool first..
Javanese, Malay, Arab Indonesian, and Indian Indonesian Dumpling, fried dish It is a fried or baked dish with a savoury filling, such as spiced potatoes, onions, peas, or lentils. Semar mendem: Java Dumpling, rice cake A variant snack almost identical to lemper that made of glutinous rice filled with shredded seasoned chicken. Celebrate the arrival of fresh sweet corn by making a batch of light and delicate corn fritters. Serve drizzled with cane syrup or maple syrup for a breakfast treat or as a side dish with ham or ribs. These easy sweetcorn fritters from the Hairy Bikers are the perfect accompaniment to fried chicken or pulled pork, but also good as finger food for little ones or brunch with avocado and eggs.