Deep Fried Cajun Catfish Fingers. place catfish into flour and sprinkle some more cajun stuff on them. not as much as last time. just a bit to get the parts that don't have any. toss to coat fish fully in the flour. drop catfish fingers into your hot oil. be sure not to crowd them. In a large bowl, add the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt and cayenne and whisk to combine. Whisk in the beer, being sure to remove any lumps.
It is nice crunchy on the outside while flavorful and juicy. Rinse, pick out bones and undesirable bits, lightly dry catfish. Mix the corn meal and seasonings in a pie plate. You can have Deep Fried Cajun Catfish Fingers using 5 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Deep Fried Cajun Catfish Fingers
- You need 2 lb of catfish fillets, thicker ones.
- You need 2 cup of flour, I used bread flour but regular white flour will do fine..
- You need 1 of alot of premade cajun seasoning, your favorite brand or make youre own.
- Prepare 1 of vegetable oil,.enough to completely cover and deep fry your fish..
- It’s 1 of pepper to taste.
Scramble the eggs and buttermilk in a bowl. In the bowl of a food processor, add the cornmeal, flour, pecans, seafood seasoning and celery salt and pulse until combined. This catfish nuggets recipe is supper easy to make and mouth-watering delicious. Even kids and people who don't like seafood like catfish nuggets.
Deep Fried Cajun Catfish Fingers instructions
- in a pot preheat oil until hot. or use a deep fryer, I just don't have one..
- rinse catfish and let drain, do not pat dry..
- slice catfish into finger sized strips..
- arrange onto a plate and sprinkle allot of the cajun seasoning on them. its your choice on how much but i like allot.. see photo.. ( I don't really measure this part).
- place flour into a big bowl or gallon sized zipper bag..
- place catfish into flour and sprinkle some more cajun stuff on them. not as much as last time. just a bit to get the parts that don't have any. :).
- toss to coat fish fully in the flour..
- drop catfish fingers into your hot oil.. be sure not to crowd them..
- fry until browned and crisp..
- transfer to paper towel lined plate..
- immedietly sprinkle with a bit more cajun and pepper to taste..
- I serve mine with seasoned curly fries and fresh sliced cucumber..
- serves about 3-4 people unless your really hungry! ;).
I love to dip mine in Mae Ploy sweet chili sauce. Cook the Cajun Fried Catfish Recipe. Prepare catfish by cutting into strips somewhat like chicken. Marinade the turkey strips for several hours or preferably overnight in the Italian dressing, garlic powder, and liquid smoke. In a small bowl, beat the eggs first and then add the milk; mixing well.