Taco Braid. Taco Braid – Super Lean Ground Beef seasoned with taco seasoning, covered with shredded cheese and tomatoes and wrapped in a braided pizza dough. It's a fun and different way to eat a taco! This Taco Braid is a twist on Taco Night your family will love!
Make a taco-style salad to serve with the crescent ring. Toss shredded Romaine lettuce, halved cherry tomatoes, chunks of avocado, and sliced radishes. Make a creamy dressing by stirring some red or green spicy taco sauce into some plain ranch dressing to drizzle over top. You can have Taco Braid using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Taco Braid
- It’s 1 can of refrigerated pizza dough.
- Prepare 1 lb. of hamburger.
- It’s 1/2 can of refried beans.
- It’s 1/2 cup of salsa.
- Prepare 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Prepare of Optional seasonings: pepper, garlic powder, cumin, chili powder.
- It’s of Mrs. Dash Extra Spicy.
But braiding isn't all that hard. And if that's what keeps you from making bread braids, man, you're missing out on a lot of good food. Pizza dough to me usually means Italian, but this Taco Braid is filled with the flavors of your favorite Mexican cuisine. And about the hair braiding … I nailed it.
Taco Braid step by step
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cook hamburger along with seasonings of choice until browned; drain and return to pot and stir in salsa..
- Open can of pizza dough and spread completely out on parchment paper lined baking sheet. Spread center with the refried beans. Once done cut strips along both sides of dough as pictured..
- Top with cooked hamburger..
- Top with cheese..
- Fold the strips together fastening on top of the filling and continue to braid all the way down. It is okay to leave the ends slightly opened as pictured..
- Bake for 20 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Enjoy topped with sour cream, lettuce, tomato, taco sauce, anything you desire!.
Roll out crescent rolls vertically, do not separate and seal perforations. Spread taco meat down center of crescent rolls. To braid, lift strips of dough across mixture to meet in center, twisting each strip on turn. Transfer the beef to a Classic Batter Bowl. This post may contain affiliate links.