Pasta with Tuna. Get Inspired On Our Official Site. Tuna pasta is a true one-pot meal and the answer to your weeknight dinner needs. Seriously, you can make the sauce in the time it takes to boil pasta.
It's well known as a staple among university students and young singles. But, there are many tasty Italian canned tuna pasta recipes. Add the arugula and use tongs to toss together with the pasta and tuna. You can cook Pasta with Tuna using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pasta with Tuna
- It’s 1-2 Tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of small chopped onion.
- Prepare 1/2-3/4 cup of chopped baby carrots.
- It’s 1/2-3/4 cup of chopped celery.
- You need 1-2 of jalapeno peppers seeded and sliced (optional).
- You need 1-6 ounce of can tuna.
- Prepare 1-28 ounce of can diced tomatoes.
- It’s 1/2 can of tomato paste.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of oregano.
- Prepare 1 tsp of basil.
- Prepare of Pasta of choice.
- You need of Parmesan cheese (optional).
- Prepare of Crushed red peppers (optional).
Sweet Potato And Tuna Pasta MadeForMums. pasta, canned tuna, sweet potato, potato, cheddar cheese. This canned tuna pasta recipe is quick, healthy, and comforting. The perfect recipe when you don't have a lot in your pantry! This tuna garlic pasta recipe takes me back to my childhood.
Pasta with Tuna instructions
- Saute olive oil, onion, carrots, celery and jalapeno peppers slowly in a large covered saute pan..
- When vegetables are crisp tender, add tuna to pan and saute a bit longer..
- Add diced tomatoes, tomato paste, sugar, salt, oregano and basil to pan and simmer (covered) for 20 to 30 minutes..
- Serve over top of your favourite pasta (I normally use spagetti or penne) and sprinkle with parmesan cheese and/or crushed red peppers if desired..
My mom used to make something similar when I was a kid, and I just loved it. They're inexpensive, easy to cook or add to recipes, and packed with both protein and fiber. So they're an excellent item to keep on hand in your freezer to whip up quick and easy dinners, like this Creamy Tuna Pasta with Peas and Parmesan. Begin heating a large pot of water for the pasta. In a large pasta bowl, break up the tuna.