Trail Mix Brittle.
You can have Trail Mix Brittle using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Trail Mix Brittle
- You need 1 cup of white sugar.
- You need 1 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of butter.
- You need 2 tbsp of honey.
- You need 1 tbsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 tbsp of salt.
- You need 2 of trail mix granola bars.
Trail Mix Brittle step by step
- Melt sugar, butter, salt, honey, and vanilla and salt in a boiling pot..
- Bring to a low boil and stir continuously or every minute for about 5 minutes or until turns a caramel brown color..
- In a baking sheet, coat sheet with butter and crumble your granola bar onto the sheet throughout the entire pan..
- Pour the mixture into the baking sheet topping the granola. Let cool for a few minutes. Top with coarse salt if desired..
- Do not cool in the freezer or fridge, the texture will become wet and sticky..
- When solid, bang the baking sheet to crack the brittle into pieces. I also used a wooden spoon to help break apart..