Pork and prawns Sumai. Dumpling Sisters – Siu Mai: Pork and Prawn Dumplings. Dumpling Sisters is the website managed by Amy and Julie hail from the Guangzhou, the food haven of China who grew up in New Zealand. Their recipe is straightforward, simple yet elegant.
See the video below the recipe to believe it. It tastes like the ones you get at restaurants and is certainly much better than the frozen shumai you can buy at Asian grocery stores. Add the chopped water chestnuts, shiitake mushrooms, ginger, and scallions to the bowl with the pork and shrimp. You can have Pork and prawns Sumai using 14 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pork and prawns Sumai
- Prepare 1/2 package of wonton wrappers, cut to round*.
- You need 250 g of ground pork.
- It’s 150 g of raw prawns, deveined and finely chopped.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of grated ginger.
- You need 2-3 of shiitake mushrooms (finely chopped).
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of sesame oil.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 of egg, beaten, for egg wash.
- It’s of Garnish: 1 cup green peas.
- It’s 1 pack of fish eggs (optional).
- Prepare of Special equipment: 1 or 2 large bamboo steamers with lid, pastry brush.
- It’s of If all you have on hand is square wonton wrappers, stack about 10 together at a time, place a round cookie cutter or drinking glass on top as a guide, and slice into circles with a small knife.
Then, add the oyster sauce, salt, sugar, and white pepper. Mix the ingredients until well incorporated. Make the Dumplings Great recipe for Pork and prawns Sumai. This is the same dim sum treat that's also spelled shu mai, siew mai, and siu mai or shao mai in Cantoniese.
Pork and prawns Sumai step by step
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the pork, prawns, mushroom, soy sauce, ginger, sesame oil, salt, and pepper..
- Spoon a heaping teaspoon of the filling into the centre of a wonton wrapper. Lightly brush the sides of the wrapper with egg wash. Squeeze the sides up until the wrapper forms a cup, tucking in the sides and leaving the filling exposed on top. Repeat with the rest of the wrappers. Garnish with pea..
- Line 1 or 2 large bamboo steamer with parchment paper. Fit the steamer basket(s) in the wok and pour enough water into the wok until the water line is 1 inch below the bottom of the steamer. Steam the su mai for 12 to 15 minutes, until filling is firm to the touch. Serve with soy sauce, chili sauce, or chili oil..
Folding shumai is even easier than folding wonton and pot stickers. With Sumai you just need to form the wrapper into a. Combine ground pork and minced shrimp in a bowl. Add jicama, carrot, onion, scallion, egg, ground black pepper, and sesame oil. Continue to mix until all the ingredients are well blended.