Pastry Wrapped Rice Cake. Wrap the rice cake with pie crust or puff pastry. Lightly press down on the overlapping pie crust to prevent it from opening up. Then, place them in the fryer basket.
Air Fry with Me Los Angeles, California Ingredients. Chinese rice cake (nian-gao) Pie crust or puff pastry. Chinese cake refers to desert made with traditional Chinese craftsmanship. You can have Pastry Wrapped Rice Cake using 3 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pastry Wrapped Rice Cake
- It’s of Chinese rice cake (nian-gao).
- You need of Pie crust or puff pastry.
- You need of Egg wash.
Due to the variety of natural resources and customs of different regions, Chinese cake gradually formed different styles and flavors such as Beijing-style, Cantonese-style, Su-style, Fujian style and Yang-style. Chinese cake has a long history and many categories. I mentioned before that rice paper is sold in dried sheets. To make them more pliable and ready for rolling, you will need warm water.
Pastry Wrapped Rice Cake instructions
- Line the fryer basket with a lightly greased aluminum foil..
- Cut rice cake into 1/2 inch thick pieces. Wrap the rice cake with pie crust or puff pastry and place them in the fryer basket..
- Brush the top side with egg wash. Air fry at 350F (175C) for 4 minutes..
- Flip the rice cake over and brush with egg wash. Air fry again at 350F (175C) for another 4-5 minutes until the surface is golden brown..
Add warm water to a shallow dish or baking tin that is wider than the rice paper you are using. Working one rice paper sheet at a time, slide the sheet into the warm water. Place the salmon on the pastry and stuff with the rice mixture. Peel and slice the boiled eggs and arrange on the rice. Close up the salmon fillet, season and wrap with the pastry to form a parcel.