Tuyo Pasta. This pasta dish has all the salty flavors you love in tuyo (red herring). Add chili flakes to make it spicy or top with Parmesan cheese-this is a delicious alternative to rich cream-based pasta. This Tuyo Pasta recipe is dedicated to Renz.
This is another one of my cheat-the-kids dishes. There was an overnight school affair one time when breakfast on the second day consisted of fried tuyo, eggs and sinangag (fried rice). Throughout the years, several dishes involving this beloved fish came into being. You can have Tuyo Pasta using 5 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Tuyo Pasta
- You need 2 jars of tuyo (dried fish) in olive oil.
- You need 500 g of pasta (spaghetti, linguini, or fetuccini).
- You need of Olive Oil.
- You need of Sliced olives.
- Prepare of Capers.
Among those dishes, my personal favorite is the Tuyo Pasta. I did several experiments to hype the Tuyo Pasta; this Creamy Tuyo Pesto recipe is the best – by far. This dish has the flavor and texture of what a good pasta dish should have. To Filipinos living abroad, especially to those living in apartment blocks, cooking tuyo can be a challenge.
Tuyo Pasta step by step
- Cook 500g pasta in boiling water according to packet instruction then set aside but save a cup of pasta water just in case..
- In olive oil, saute garlic then add the tuyo which you need to shred beforehand. For this, I use two jars of tuyo in olive oil..
- Add the olive oil from the tuyo jars then add olives and capers..
- Lower the heat and mix in cooked pasta little by little making sure to mix well so the tuyo mixture coats the pasta..
The smell of frying tuyo can sometimes annoy neighbors. To make this pasta recipe you have an option to use the bottled tuyo or the dried ones. Luto ni Moi presents: Tuyo Pasta ni Moi 🙂 Pwede niyo din mabasa ang full recipe nito sa aking official blog! Add garlic and cook until fragrant. This Pasta with Filipino Tuyo and Vegetables: Herring in Oil has bottled tuyo as a star ingredient.