Beef Tapa. Filipino Beef Tapa is easy to make and tastes so much better than store-bought. Serve with garlic fried rice and sunny side eggs for a classic Tapsilog breakfast! The chunk of sirloin I bought and had thinly sliced by the butcher at Seafood City a few days ago was pretty huge and at roughly four pounds, was more than enough.
Nowadays, commercialized Beef Tapa are often cured but most do not undergo drying. Tapa is usually fried and is best served with vinegar. Beef Tapa is a thinly sliced marinated beef top sirloin that is pan fried, served with garlic rice and fried eggs. You can have Beef Tapa using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Beef Tapa
- Prepare 3 1/2 tbsp of vinegar.
- You need 1 tbsp of salt.
- You need 7 tbsp of white/brown sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of ground blackpeper.
- It’s 1 head of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1 of cooking oil for frying.
- It’s 1/2 cup of soy sauce.
- It’s 1 lb of beef sirloin/ thin sliced.
A combination of sweet, salty and garlicky flavors. It can be eaten any tme of the day but it's a popular breakfast to many Filipinos. Tapa is dried or cured beef, mutton, venison or horse meat, although other meat or even fish may be used. Filipinos prepare tapa by using thin slices of meat and curing these with salt and spices as a preservation method.
Beef Tapa instructions
- Combine in a container all ingredients. Stir well..
- After mixing all the ingredients, place the beef meat in a container or ziplock bag..
- Cover and refrigerate the marinade for a minimum of 12 hours or overnight..
- Fry until brown..
- Serve with sunny side eggs and plain rice or garlic fried rice..
Tapa is often cooked fried or grilled. When served with fried rice and fried egg, it is known as tapsilog (a portmanteau of the Filipino words tapa, sinangag and itlog egg). beef tapa filipino paleo recipe. Aside from Pork Longganisa, Beef Tapa (cured meat) is another breakfast favorite that is eaten with garlic fried rice and fried egg. You can find it on the menu of Filipino restaurants or fast food chains as "Tapsilog" which literally means tapa (tap – Beef Tapa) + sinangag (si – garlic fried rice) + itlog (log – fried egg). Tapsilog is a popular breakfast dish consisting of Filipino beef tapa, fried egg, and garlic fried rice.