American Chop Suey with White Rice. Add rice to prepared pot add water; (according to your instant pot directions); then put a clean kitchen towel over it and then your instant pots lid. Get Chop Suey delivered from national chains, local favorites, or new neighborhood restaurants, on Grubhub. Order online, and get Chop Suey delivered, fast.
Chop suey, the king of the Chinese takeout, is not something you'll find in the domestic kitchens of China. It's an American-Chinese dish of unknown origin. Not to be confused with chow mein, a noodle dish, or American chop suey, a pasta dish, chicken chop suey is served with rice. You can cook American Chop Suey with White Rice using 19 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of American Chop Suey with White Rice
- You need of chop seuy.
- You need 2 of lbs. Stir Fry Beef, (cut into bite size pieces; then browned).
- Prepare 1 pkg. of Celery, (chopped and sauteed).
- You need 2 of LG. Onions, (chopped and sauteed).
- It’s 2 of Garlic cloves, (minced and sauteed).
- It’s 5 cups of Fresh bean Sprouts.
- It’s 16 oz. of Swanson's Chicken Broth 33% Less Sodium.
- You need 2 cups of cold water.
- It’s 1/4 cup of soy sauce; (I use lite).
- It’s 1/4 cup of cornstarch.
- You need 1 Tsp. of Turmeric.
- It’s 1 of Tsp.garlic powder.
- It’s 1 Tsp. of Fresh ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 Tsp. of Onion powder.
- Prepare 1/4 Tsp. of Asian sweet ginger garlic.
- Prepare Pinch of salt.
- It’s of rice.
- It’s 3 of \4 cup of dry rice, (rinsed and drained.)…I use Jasmine rice.
- You need of Water; (fill according to the instant-pot/rice maker directions).
See great recipes for Chop Suey, Vegetarian Cap Cay too! My version features flavorful marinated strips of pork, crisp celery and snap peas, sweet onions, carrots and cabbage that are lightly coated in an ultra flavorful sauce that Veg American Chop Suey Recipe is a delicious, vegetarian variation of American Chop Suey that has veggies, noodles and flavourful sauces! It is a full meal in itself and the crunchy noodles soaking up the sauce tastes exceptional. Here is how to make Vegetarian American Chop Suey Recipe.
American Chop Suey with White Rice step by step
- Prep time: 20 to 25 minutes.
- Chop all vegetables and meat into bite size pieces; then mince your garlic..
- Saute' all vegetables and garlic; then pour into a large pot..
- Over medium heat; Brown the meat; then pour meat and juices into the pot also..
- Add the chicken broth and water to just cover meat and vegetables;.
- Bring to a boil; then reduce heat to a simmer, and cook for 1 hour..
- Mix together 1/8 cup cornstarch with 1/4 cup of broth or water; shake well..
- Then add bean sprouts, soy sauce, and cornstarch mixture; stir and cook on simmer for an additional 5 to 10 minutes. Ready to serve..
- Using an instant rice maker; spray the pot with oil or Pam..
- Add 3/4 cup of rice to a bowl and rinse the rice 4 times or until water is clear..
- Add rice to prepared pot add water; (according to your instant pot directions); then put a clean kitchen towel over it and then your instant pots lid..
- Cook according to your instant pots directions..
- When done, fluff rice with a fork. Ready to serve..
- In a dinner bowl put 1 cup of the chop seuy; then top the chop seuy with 1/2 cup of rice…..garnish if you wish!…..ready to serve enjoy!.
Includes egg drop soup, egg roll, pot stickers, sweet and sour pork, chicken kew, pepper steak, shrimp with lobster sauce, subgum chow wonton and hong shu chicken pork fried rice. If necessary, use cornstarch to thicken (mix with water in a separate bowl and add to chop suey a little at a time). Serve with white rice or chow mein noodles. Submit a Recipe Correction No matter how it first came about, chop suey houses became a huge fad on the American dining scene. Entire restaurants were dedicated to variations on the dish, from pineapple chop suey to subgum.