Low-carb "Grits". This low-carb cheese "grits" recipe is a keto-friendly update on classic southern comfort food. But low carb Southern cheese grits, let's talk about it. I'm not Southern, but I do have a long history of loving cheese grits.
I have officially become a lover of grits, all thanks to Matt's Cheesy, Low Carb Grits creation! Laura Dolson is a health and food writer who develops low-carb and gluten-free recipes for home cooks. Low-carb cheese "grits" are twist on a classic southern recipe. You can have Low-carb "Grits" using 5 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Low-carb "Grits"
- It’s 1 cup of almond flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- You need 1 cup of shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese.
- You need 1 pinch of kosher salt.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of butter.
Smoky gouda and bacon combine with low-carb ingredients to make a copycat dish you'll love. Came upon this recipe in a rather unusual way. All I really needed was some mashed cauliflower but I didn't want to go to the. Luscious, velvety, low carb "grits" get topped with garlicky shrimp and bacon for a true taste of the coastal South.
Low-carb "Grits" instructions
- Boil the water, butter, with salt. Add the almond flour stir in make sure there is no lumps. Remove from heat. Let rest 3 minutes..
- Add the cheese and stir well. Remember as it cools it gets thicker. Also almond is more filling then grits..
- Serve I hope you enjoy!!.
I love grits, and I miss them a lot. A wonderful low-carb alternative to yummy creamy cheese grits. High in lean protein, a serving of healthy MUFAs, and a low-carb bed of celeric "grits" to give creamy, carb-y satisfaction. Grits may not be a great option for a low-carb diet as they are comparatively high in carbs. Grits are a creamy, high-carb dish made from corn.