Scotch Egg. Place eggs in saucepan and cover with water. Remove from hot water, cool and peel. Serve with lovely Scottish cheese & pickle.
These contain chopped egg or a quail's egg, rather than a whole chicken egg, and sometimes contain mayonnaise or chopped bacon. In the United States, many "British-style" pubs and eateries serve Scotch eggs, usually served hot with dipping sauces such as ranch dressing , hot sauce , or hot mustard sauce. When you make Scotch eggs in your air fryer, you get all the deliciousness without the mess and added fat of deep frying. You can have Scotch Egg using 5 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Scotch Egg
- You need 2 lb of Sausage or Beef.
- It’s 8 of eggs.
- You need 2 cup of Bread Crumbs.
- Prepare 1 1/3 cup of Mayo.
- You need 1 1/3 cup of Mustard.
They make the perfect breakfast or snack, especially when served with the chutney dipping sauce. A perfect Scotch Egg has a crisp golden shell, flavorful sausage and most importantly, a soft-boiled, runny-yolked egg. This just might be the ideal portable picnic snack – that we'd be happy to eat anywhere, even the dining table. Chef John's version of Scotch eggs calls for soft-boiled eggs; when you bite into the egg you get an amazing contrast between molten yolk and crispy sausage shell.
Scotch Egg instructions
- Preheat deep fryer to medium-high or on the "meat" setting. You may pan fry as well..
- Boil eggs to medium soft (10 minutes) or to your liking..
- Season your choice of meat and flatten into patties..
- Peel your eggs and wrap your meat patty around each of your eggs. Gently pinching it shut and smoothing around..
- Dip in egg wash and cover in breadcrumbs..
- Dip one at a time in the deep fryer or pan and cook until a deep brown color..
- Place in the oven at 200° for about 10 minutes.
- In a dipping cup, mix mayo and mustard together..
- Serve and enjoy!.
A scotch egg is a British pub snack consisting of a boiled egg encased in ground meat (typically pork sausage), coated with bread crumbs, and fried until the exterior is crispy and the meat is cooked through. Some scotch eggs have runny yolks, while others are hard-boiled. Roll the encased eggs in the flour, then the beaten egg and finally the breadcrumbs. Can be prepared up to a day in advance. How to Make Scotch Eggs: In this Instructable, we're going to learn how to make Scotch Eggs.