Creamy Potato Soup. There's Nothing Like A Bowl Of Creamy Soup When It's Cold Outside. This soup is a reader favorite and for good reason – it's easy to make and absolutely delicious! Top it with cheese and bacon and no one will be able to resist.
If you're in the midst of a cold spell yourself (or even if you're not) I think you're going to enjoy this creamy potato. Pat's Cream of Potato Soup "Quick, easy and yummy! I added salt and pepper, and topped it with cheddar cheese and chives." – GJWJ. You can cook Creamy Potato Soup using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Creamy Potato Soup
- Prepare 4-5 of russet potatoes – peeled, cut to 1/2" cubes.
- It’s 4 cups of low sodium chicken broth.
- Prepare 1/2 of medium onion – finely chopped (almost minced).
- It’s 6 tbs of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of half and half or evaporated milk.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of milk.
- It’s 1/2-1 tsp of salt (more as needed to taste).
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of celery seed (not salt) – optional.
Cream of Green Garlic and Potato Soup "This is incredible soup! Cream of Potato Soup I "I made some for myself and some coworkers and they loved it. Repeat with remaining potato mixture; set aside. In the same kettle, melt butter.
Creamy Potato Soup instructions
- Place prepped potatoes and chicken broth in a 4-6 quart pot. Bring to a boil over medium high heat. Cover. Reduce heat and simmer until fork tender, about 10 minutes. Drain potatoes in colander placed over a large bowl to reserve the broth. Set aside..
- Return pot to stove over medium heat. Add butter. When melted add onion and sautée about 2 minutes. Wisk in flour and cook 2 minutes more..
- Carefully add broth back to pot, wisking constantly to prevent and break up any lumps. As soon as broth is smooth and begins to thicken wisk in half and half, and then milk..
- Increase heat to medium-high. Bring to a simmer until about the thickness of a loose gravy, wisking constantly. This took about 5 minutes from adding the milk to thickened for me..
- Wisk in salt amd pepper (and celery seed if using). Taste and adjust seasoning as desired. Carefully return potatoes to pot. Gently stir with a wooden spoon to incorporate. Serve immediately. Enjoy!.
Stir in flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk; bring to a boil. Return potato puree to the pan and heat through. Garnish individual servings with sour cream and cheese if desired. I was very disappointed with this recipe.