Creamy Garlic Shells.
You can have Creamy Garlic Shells using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Creamy Garlic Shells
- You need 8 oz. of small shell pasta.
- You need 1 tbsp. of salted butter.
- You need 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 2 tbsp. of all purpose flour.
- It’s 3/4 cup of unsalted chicken broth.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of freshly shredded parmesan cheese.
- It’s 2 tsp. of dried parsley.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of garlic powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp. of each onion powder, salt and pepper.
Creamy Garlic Shells instructions
- In a large pot, cook the shell pasta according to package directions. Once it's al dente, drain the pasta, toss it very lightly with olive oil to keep it from sticking together and set it aside..
- Return the pot to the burner over med-high heat. Place in the butter and olive oil. Once the butter has melted, add the garlic and cook, stirring fairly constantly, for just about 30 seconds..
- Switch to a whisk and whisk in the flour. Cook while whisking that mixture for a minute or so. Then slowly whisk in the broth and the milk until smooth and incorporated..
- Once it comes to a simmer, turn the heat down to medium. Let it simmer for 4-5 minutes, until it has thickened up some. Stir in all of the seasonings..
- Remove the pot from the heat and immediately stir in the parmesan cheese until it has completely melted..
- Add the drained shells into the sauce and stir to incorporate. Taste and add any additional seasoning you think it may need…I usually always add more pepper..
- Serve immediately and enjoy. Store any leftovers in the fridge..