My Homemade Seasoned French Fries. So I tried batter – after all it makes chicken, shrimp, and onion rings crispy so why not potatoes. Now even my husband can't get enough of these French fries. They even stay crispy when you reheat in the microwave.
Ingredients of My Homemade Seasoned French Fries
- It’s 5 lb of bag of russet potatoes (larger sized potatoes).
- Prepare 1 of oil for frying.
- You need 1 of seasoned salt to taste.
- It’s 1 of pepper to taste.
Baked Seasoned Fries are coated with a delicious, spicy seasoning mix and baked for a crispy, lightened-up, homemade side dish or snack! Welcome back to our Summer Guest Post Series, where every Friday this summer, a different talented food blogger will be stopping by to share a mouthwatering recipe! Potatoes basically fall into two categories: starchy or waxy. A few potatoes, like Kennebec and Yukon Gold, fall in between (medium-starchy).
My Homemade Seasoned French Fries step by step
- peel potatoes..
- start heating oil in a deep skillet filled high enough to cover potatoes and give them room to move around (or use a deep fryer).
- cut potatoes longwise into half inch thick slices. then lay flat and cut each slice again a half inch thick. so u have half inch thick sticks. keep smaller ones and edges. it'll be fine. ( I use a potato cutter).
- once grease is hot ( test by tossing in a piece of potato if it sinks them floats within about 30 seconds ur good) toss in about 1/5 of ur potato sticks. make sure u don't overload ur pan or it will cool grease and fries will be soggy..
- cook about 10-12 minutes stirring them halfway through. they should be nice and golden. if u want them more crisp just cook longer..
- remove from grease and drain onto paper towel lined plate..
- sprinkle with season salt and pepper to taste..
- repeat until ur out of potato sticks…
- serve.. :).
Starchy potatoes are best for frying; the starchier and drier, the better. Peel and cut the potatoes into fries (thin but not 'shoestring'). Sprinkle with onion salt and paprika; toss to coat. Naturally, I decided to create my own that would be just as good without the negative side effects! In this recipe, I took inspiration from the seasoned fries at Red Robin, one of my favorite restaurants growing up.