Creamy Pasta With Bacon and Peas.
You can have Creamy Pasta With Bacon and Peas using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Creamy Pasta With Bacon and Peas
- You need 10 slices of thick cut smoked (or not) bacon.
- Prepare of Sea salt.
- You need 1 pound of dried mini-shell or other small pasta (I use Orrechiette).
- You need 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil.
- Prepare of Freshly ground black pepper.
- It’s 2 Cups of Frozen Peas.
- It’s 1/2 cup of whole milk Greek Yogurt (I use Cabot Yogurt).
- It’s 2 Tablespoons of finely chopped Mint leaves.
- You need of Juice of 1 onion.
- Prepare of I large onion, coarsely chopped.
- You need 6 ounces of grated Parmesan cheese.
Creamy Pasta With Bacon and Peas instructions
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted to a boil. Meanwhile, cut sliced bacon into 1/2 inch pieces, Add pasta to boiling water and cook to taste..
- While pasta is cooking, place a large skillet over medium heat, and add 2 tablespoons olive oil. Add bacon and a sprinkling of pepper, fry for 5 minutes, then add onion until bacon is golden and crisp. Immediately add frozen peas and stir for a minute or two. Mix 1/3 cup of pasta water with yogurt and add it with chopped Mint to skillet.
- Reserve 1 cup of the pasta cooking water, and drain the pasta. Add pasta to the skillet and stir. Add lemon juice, and adjust salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a simmer, then remove from heat. The mixture should be a bit thick; if desired, a splash of the pasta water may be added to the sauce to thin it slightly..
- Add Parmesan and stir to mix. If desired, serve with a green salad..