Asian slaw. A simple healthy recipe for Asian Slaw – easy and crunchy, this vegan slaw can be made ahead and is delicious alongside salmon, tofu, or chicken or stuffed into tacos, topped onto burgers, or added to buddha bowls. A great way to add more veggies into your everyday meals. To be fully alive, fully human and completely awake is to be continually thrown out of the nest.
We eat a lot of cabbage around here. Could be my father's Minnesota German roots, but for whatever reason, coleslaw is on the menu several times a week. I recently had a lovely Asian coleslaw at a local grill that was served with an ahi tuna burger. You can have Asian slaw using 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Asian slaw
- You need of salad ingredients.
- It’s 1 head of nappa cabbage.
- Prepare 3 of carrots, shredded.
- Prepare 1/2 of red onion, sliced.
- Prepare 2 of red peppers, sliced thin.
- It’s of dressing ingredients.
- You need 1/4 cup of Sunflower oil.
- It’s 1/3 cup of rice wine vinegar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of soy sauce.
- You need 2 tbsp of toasted sesame oil.
- You need 1 tbsp of fresh grated ginger.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of chili garlic paste.
- You need 2 tbsp of honey.
Here's an Asian slaw recipe without all the greasy mayonnaise. It's well-liked by the people who've tried it. A bit of sugar mellows the tangy Asian coleslaw dressing. —Alta Goodman of Canton, South Dakota This is a three-cabbage slaw – green, red, and napa – but the real delight is the dressing. It is made with creamy peanut butter laced with brown sugar, fresh ginger, and garlic.
Asian slaw step by step
- Combine salad ingredients in a large bowl..
- For dressing: combine ingredients in a glass or plastic jar and shake well till mixed thoroughly..
- My experience is that you will not need to use all the dressing for this salad. Top salad with dressing abd toss, only when ready to eat , to avoid a dressing laden and limp salad..
Add brown sugar, soy sauce, and mirin. Asian Ramen Noodle Slaw Asian Ramen Noodle Slaw. Rating: Unrated Be the first to rate & review! Bring some tang to your next potluck by stirring together a big batch of this ramen noodle slaw. Rather than croutons, it gets its crunch from crushed ramen noodles!.