Mexican Cornbread. Absolute Mexican Cornbread Absolute Mexican Cornbread. This is the best cornbread recipe esp. Mexican that I have ever tasted!!!
This Mexican cornbread is made from scratch (not the box), but I pinky promise homemade cornbread is truly one of the easiest, highest-payoff recipes you'll try. Mexican Cornbread I work at an elementary school, and a couple times a year we have a gathering where everyone brings a favorite dish to pass. A friend shared this delicious Mexican cornbread and it was a big hit. You can cook Mexican Cornbread using 11 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mexican Cornbread
- Prepare 1 lb of Ground Beef.
- Prepare 2 of Cans: Cream Style Sweet Corn.
- Prepare 2 of Cans: Ranch Style Beans.
- You need 1 Box of Jiffy Cornbread Mix.
- It’s 1 of Egg.
- Prepare 1 of Cup: Milk.
- You need 1-2 of Cups: Shredded Cheese.
- You need 2 of tsp: Salt.
- Prepare 2 of tsp: Garlic Powder.
- It’s 1 of tsp: Pepper.
- It’s of Butter or Olive Oil.
With the ground beef and veggies, it's a great meal all by itself, but it complements other dishes so well. The recipe calls for sliced jalapenos, but if heat isn't your thing, you can always leave those out. Quick and easy cornbread with a Mexican twist! Change the number in the box above to adjust serving size.
Mexican Cornbread instructions
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Brown the ground beef in butter/olive oil over medium-high heat..
- Drain the ground beef and return to the pot.
- Add corn and ranch-style beans.
- Stir and reduce heat to medium-low.
- Gradually add in the garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Prepare a casserole dish.
- Add beef-mixture to the casserole dish.
- Add a layer of cheese on top of the beef-mixture.
- In another bowl, combine cornbread mix, egg, and milk.
- Pour the cornbread mixture over everything in the casserole dish (spread evenly to cover).
- Bake, uncovered for about 45-minutes or until cornbread is golden brown and cooked through.
- Let cool, serve, and enjoy!.
Please note that size of cookware and cook time may vary. Cornbread is the perfect side dish for chili or soup or so many other recipes. Or, be like me and eat it by itself as breakfast…or lunch. I'm calling this Mexican Cornbread because I added jalapeños and Mexican-blend cheese to the batter. This super moist Mexican style cornbread gets its fabulous flavor and texture from the cream-style corn and shredded cheese.