Misr wot (Ethiopian red lentil stew – vegan). Misir Wat (also Misir Wot) is one such example of a dish that truly excels in the vegetarian realm. I generally don't like to call something, "the best". Because let's face it, there are a lot of really good foods out there that are amazing. 'Wat' or 'Wot' is an Ethiopian style stew or curry that you can prepare with chicken, beef, lamb, lentils and a variety of vegetables.
Ethiopian Lentil Stew -A healthy Vegan Ethiopian-spiced Stew with lentil. Laced with berbere spice and Niter kibbeh. You will love this protein and fiber packed meal! You can have Misr wot (Ethiopian red lentil stew – vegan) using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Misr wot (Ethiopian red lentil stew – vegan)
- It’s 1-2 T of olive oil.
- You need 1 c of diced yellow onion.
- You need 6 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 1.5 T of berbere spice powder.
- Prepare 1 c of diced tomatoes (or 1 large tomato diced).
- It’s 1 c of red lentils.
- Prepare 3 c of vegetable stock.
To some people, Lentils may be synonymous with "dull and boring." However, dull and boring doesn't even come close to describing this spiced Ethiopian stewed lentils. Miss wot: Whole Red lentil Stew: In a pressure cooker or pan, add oil and heat over low-medium. Misir Wot, spicy red lentil stew, is a staple at the Ethiopian table. Lentils are the heart of many African dishes and amongst the country's key exports.
Misr wot (Ethiopian red lentil stew – vegan) step by step
- Set pressure cooker to sauté and cook onion 3-5 min until starts to soften, then add garlic and cook for a minute more. Add 1 T berbere, tomato, lentils, and stock. Stir well..
- Lock lid. Set to high pressure and clock for 10 min..
- Add remaining berbere powder to taste..
How to cook Yellow Split peas (Kik Wot) Ethiopian vegetarian dish This richly spiced Ethiopian lentil stew recipe, known locally as misir wot, is packed with flavour from berbere and niter kibbeh, a type of spiced butter found in Ethiopian cuisine. A delicious and simple midweek meal for spice lovers. Misir Wot, is a creamy (yet creamless) and spicy red lentil dish. It is almost exactly the same as Indian dal, except for the addition of "berbere" seasonings.