Basic Cauli Rice / Cauliflower Couscous. Great recipe for Basic Cauli Rice / Cauliflower Couscous. How to make Cauli Rice interesting and tasty? Just cook it in your favorite meat drippings or add butter.
I am already distrustful of healthy food disguised as comfort food , and when I thought about cauliflower as a stand-in for either couscous or rice, I just couldn't make the math work in my. Here is how you achieve that. Ingredients of Basic Cauli Rice / Cauliflower Couscous. You can cook Basic Cauli Rice / Cauliflower Couscous using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Basic Cauli Rice / Cauliflower Couscous
- You need of Basic Cauli Rice with Meat.
- It’s 1 of large cauliflower head, washed and minced.
- Prepare 1 of red onion, chopped.
- You need 1/4 of of a garlic head, chopped.
- Prepare 1/4 of of an inch slice of butter.
- Prepare Pcs of meat (ex bacon, sausage, mince).
- You need 2-3 Tbsp of Meat drippings.
- Prepare 1 pc of fried egg.
- It’s 1 tsp of Garnish (optional).
- You need to taste of Salt.
- You need to taste of Pepper.
- It’s of Flavored Cauli Rice.
- You need 1 tsp of Nasi Goreng paste.
You need of Basic Cauli Rice with Meat. See great recipes for Basic Cauli Rice / Cauliflower Couscous too! Drain the butter beans and dab dry with a clean tea towel. Once hot, add the beans and ½ tsp salt and fry, stirring occassionally, until starting to brown, around two to three minutes.
Basic Cauli Rice / Cauliflower Couscous step by step
- Cook your meat first in a pan. I used a salty-garlicky sausage link called longganisa in the Philippines. This sausage gives out a lot of drippings that will definitely make the cauli rice tasty. Another good option is bacon or prosciutto..
- Romove your meat from pan and ser aside. Lower the heat, sauté the onions then add the garlic..
- Roughly chop your meat and add to the pan. Sauté with the onions and garlic..
- How to prep the cauliflower: wash and dry it well using a towel. Cut into florets. Separate the stalks and remove the non-edible green leaves of course. You can use the stalks connected to the flower heads, just make sure to mince well. I used a chopper/mincer machine this time, faster! After mincing, let it air dry or squeeze through with a paper towel. We need to dry it or else it will become mushy after cooking..
- Add portion by portion to your pan with the garlic-onion-meat. Season with salt and pepper. I added butter when the drippings were absorbed fully, and started looking dry. Keep mixing until everything is cooked..
- Garnish with a sunny side up or scrambled egg strips. Garnish with parsely or green onions on top. I used bell pepper, it's what I had in the fridge..
- Flavored Cauli Rice- I tried a Nasi Goreng paste. Normally it's used on rice, but it worked well with the cauli rice too. Just add a small amount, mix well..
How to Make Cauliflower Rice in a Food Processor. The third, and fastest way to make cauliflower rice is in a food processor. First, use a knife to cut the cauliflower into medium-size florets — just small enough so they will fit inside your food processor bowl. You'll want to leave enough room for the cauliflower to move. Once the cauliflower is finely chopped in the food processor or a manual hand chopper, It's ready to be cooked.