Popcorn Shrimp. Our Popcorn Is Always A Great-Tasting Snack. Popcorn Factory® Delights People With Gourmet Popcorn, Delicious Snacks And Gifts. Popcorn shrimp make a nice appetizer or side dish for both adults and children.
Kids of all ages love the satisfying crunch from our expertly seasoned Popcorn Shrimp. Coated in a golden crispy breading, they're guaranteed to add a pop of flavor to any meal. A Brief History of Popcorn Shrimp Unlike some of the current fried food trends like hot chicken , other concepts have been popular for decades. You can cook Popcorn Shrimp using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Popcorn Shrimp
- Prepare 1 cup of flour.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- It’s 1/2 cup of milk.
- You need 1 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of dried basil.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of dried parsley.
- You need 1/4 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of onion powder.
- It’s 1 cup of bread crumbs or crushed flavored croutons.
- It’s 24 of uncooked medium shrimp, peeled & deveined.
- It’s 1 quart of vegetable oil for frying.
One of these trends is the ever-famous popcorn shrimp, which has a variety of inventors depending on who you ask. There's definitely no popcorn in this dish – but these popcorn shrimp are bite size, crispy, and crunchy! Here's what you'll need for your homemade popcorn shrimp: small or medium shrimp; Vegetable oil for frying ; For the flour mixture: flour, Cajun seasoning, salt and pepper. For the egg mixture: egg and.
Popcorn Shrimp instructions
- Heat oil in deep fryer or medium saucepan to 350°F.
- Place flour in one bowl.
- Whisk egg and milk in another bowl.
- Mix remaining dry ingredients in a 3rd bowl.
- Coat shrimp in flour shaking off any excess, then dip in milk/egg mixture, then coat with the breadcrumbs.
- Cook in oil about 3-4 minutes or until a nice golden brown.
- Dry on a paper towel. I used ranch croutons for the breadcrumbs..
Easy Popcorn Fried Shrimp – This recipe has the key to getting that light, tender, and flaky crust on shrimp! So I'm pretty much in survival mode with my new routine around here. My saving grace this last week was the five day weekend we had because of Mardi Gras. In this special Muppets exclusive, the Swedish Chef shares his recipe for popcorn. In true Swedish Chef fashion though, his process for popcorn, or "Pöpcørn" is no simple task.