Battered Chicken with Teriyaki Sauce. We are absolutely loving this new Teriyaki Chicken recipe!!! Just three ingredients and the simple coating and frying of the chicken pieces is super quick, you can have this ready to go in the oven in no time. My kids said it was better then their favorite Chinese restaurant!
Combine flour, salt, pepper, and thyme. Dip chicken in egg, then in flour mixture. After frying, dip chicken in teriyaki glaze and place on paper towel. You can have Battered Chicken with Teriyaki Sauce using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Battered Chicken with Teriyaki Sauce
- Prepare of Ingredients.
- It’s 1 of or 1/2 kls – Chicken (Chopped into parts).
- You need 2 cup of – flour.
- It’s 1 of to 2 cups – water (adjust to thicken).
- Prepare 1 of pc – egg (whole).
- You need of Sauce.
- It’s 1 tbsp of – oil.
- You need 3 clove of – garlic.
- You need 1 of pc – ginger.
- It’s 1 of pc – red onion.
- You need 1 cup of – brown sugar.
- You need 150 ml of to 200ml – water.
- It’s 1 tbsp of – soy sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of – sesame oil.
- You need 1 tsp of – chicken powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of – chili powder or chili sauce.
For Glaze: Combine soy sauce, honey, sherry, garlic, and ginger. Heat mixture in microwave (do not boil). Remove from heat and place in bowl filled with rice. Pour the teriyaki sauce evenly on the chicken and top with sesame seeds and chopped green onions.
Battered Chicken with Teriyaki Sauce step by step
- Pre heat your stove in a high heat for deep frying. Marinate the chicken with salt and pepper then set aside..
- Make the coating for the chicken. In a bowl mix the flour an water and whisk it until it gets thick, and add the egg and whisk again, then set aside..
- If your deep frying is hot, you can now put the marinated chicken into the Coating you've made, deep the chicken into the coating and place it into your deep fryer and wait until the chicken is cooked, and place it inyo a plate and set aside..
- For the Sauce. In a sauce pan, place the oil, add the ginger, wait until it turns into golden brown and add the garlic and onions, saute for 1min and add the sugar, wait until it caramelized into the veggies, add the water and whisk it until the sugar melts into it, add soy sauce, sesame oil, chicken powder, chili powder and whisk it in 2 to 3min, use some cornstarch to thicken it and your done! :)).
- Enjoy and Happy Eating!! <3.
If you fancy teriyaki chicken or burgers tonight, then why not grab a jar of sauce for a quick and easy meal? Based on the Japanese style of cooking of the same name, teriyaki sauce has become synonymous with rich glazed meats and tasty stir fries. Remove chicken from oven, toss with sauce to coat and enjoy. Remove the bones from the chicken thighs using a small, sharp knife. In a large bowl, mix together the honey, soy sauce, mirin, sake, ginger and garlic.