potato croquettes. Use up leftover mashed potatoes by making this recipe for potato croquettes, which you can serve as a side dish or one of many Spanish-style tapas dishes. Add milk, salt, pepper, chopped onion, beaten egg yolks and flour to mashed potatoes. Chill and then shape using an ice cream scoop.
THANKS SO MUCH for following and being part of the She loves biscotti community where you will find Simple & Tasty Family-Friendly Recipes with an Italian Twist. Drain and mash thoroughly, preferably with a ricer. So if you're unfamiliar with potato croquettes, I'm about to completely rock your world. You can have potato croquettes using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of potato croquettes
- It’s 2 1/2 cup of leftover mashed potatoes.
- You need 1 of jumbo egg.
- It’s 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
- It’s 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 of flour.
- It’s 1 of breadcrumbs.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
We're talking mashed potatoes, bacon, stuffed with cheese, and then fried to a crispy golden brown. Mashed Potato Croquettes are the stuff from which dreams are made. Soft, warm, comforting and the perfect use of leftover mashed potatoes. Potato croquettes make a strong case for proving that potatoes might just be better as leftovers.
potato croquettes step by step
- mix egg and seasonings well, mix in mashed potatoes. in separate shallow bowls, have flour, 2 beaten eggs and breadcrumbs, ready for rolling potato mix in..
- should be fairly stiff mixture. scoop out a ball of potato mix, shape into oval..
- dredge ovals into flour, then into egg, then roll in breadcrumbs. set on plate and repeat until mix is used up..
- preheat fryer to 375°. when oil is hot, fry three croquettes at a time for 3-4 minutes, till deep golden brown.
- can serve with simple dip of stone ground mustard and ranch. delish!.
In a large bowl, combine mashed potatoes, eggs, parsley, cheese, salt and pepper, bacon bits and onion flakes. Form mixture into patties, and dredge patties in the bread crumbs. Mix egg yolks, mashed potatoes, Parmesan, chives, and flour in a medium bowl. Beat eggs in a bowl; place breadcrumbs in another bowl. Fry each croquette in shallow oil until brown on all sides.