Chicken Afritada. Chicken Afritada or afritadang manok is a type of Filipino chicken stew with tomato based sauced. It is a simple dish that can be cooked on regular days. It is perfect for lunch and is better when eaten with warm white rice.
Some prefer to add green peas and hot dogs as well, but I prefer my chicken afritada without it. Another variation will use both pork and chicken or will use just pork. Heat oil in a large wok over medium heat; add garlic. You can have Chicken Afritada using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Afritada
- You need 1/2 kg of chicken.
- It’s 1 of pouch tomato paste.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic.
- You need 1 of medium onion sliced.
- It’s 6 pcs of baby potato (halved).
- You need 15 pcs of string beans (sliced).
- You need 1 tsp of Sugar.
- You need of Salt and Pepper (to taste).
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Lay chicken in the skillet, skin side down. Chicken Afritada Afritada is a Filipino favorite with tender chicken cooked in a rich savory tomato-based sauce. Cooked low and slow until the oil separates from the sauce and the meat becomes fork-tender.
Chicken Afritada instructions
- Brown the chicken then add onion and garlic..
- Add water and boil until chicken is tender. Add potatoes. Once stock is reduced add the string beans..
- Pour the tomato paste and let it simmer. Add sugar, salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot. Enjoy..
Chicken afritada is one of the many Filipino tomato based stew. In this case, it is a tomato based chicken stew. Obviously the name of the dish has some Spanish origin like many other Filipino cuisine with tomato sauce like the calderata or menudo. This is a remake recipe video for Filipino Chicken Afritada. In this episode, I will show you how to easily cook chicken afritada with hotdogs.