Pepper Steak & Rice. Pepper Steak Tips Why is my pepper steak tough? Beef top round steak is a leaner, less tender cut of meat. One way to get a more tender result is to use a meat mallet prior to cooking.
Make sauce: In a medium bowl, whisk the soy sauce with the vinegar, sugar, and cornstarch. Pepper steak is quick, easy and perfect to whip up any night of the week. Strips of beef and bell peppers are stir fried in a wok to create a delicious main dish, ready in no time! You can have Pepper Steak & Rice using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pepper Steak & Rice
- It’s 2 of large steaks (thinly sliced).
- It’s 2 cups of white long grain rice.
- Prepare of Soy sauce.
- You need of Red, yellow, orange, green bell peppers(chopped).
- It’s 1/2 of yellow onion (chopped).
- It’s of Kosher salt.
- Prepare of Course black pepper.
- Prepare of Canola oil.
- You need 6 cups of water.
- It’s 2 tbs. of Oil.
I love it with brown rice, but cauliflower rice would also be great on the side. We have so many amazing steak recipes that we love. Be sure to try this Easy Mongolian Beef, Lemon Garlic Flank… The steak marinates in a flavorful sauce for an hour and then is joined with stir-fried bell peppers, onions, and tomatoes. Make sure to dish it out hot off the stove and onto a warm bed of rice.
Pepper Steak & Rice instructions
- Cook the rice, 6 cups water, 2 tbs. oil, 2 cups rice.
- In a large freezer bag add, all the other ingredients seal shake and, let sit..
- In a large cast iron skillet add, oil just to cover the bottom of skillet when oil is hot add meat mixture and, cook till meat is tender..
- When rice is tender drain and, add to meat mixture and, enjoy..
The rice will soak up the mouth-watering marinade. If you want to switch up your base try serving this savory pepper steak on a This pepper steak stir fry is thinly sliced flank steak cooked with red and green bell peppers in a savory sauce. A quick and easy meal that tastes even better than take out! I always order pepper steak at my local Chinese restaurant, it's one of my favorite dishes. Simmer the beef with peppers and onions and serve with white rice to soak up the wonderful flavors.