Asian Spicy Sweet and Sour Glaze for Meats, Seafood and Vegetables. Great recipe for Asian Spicy Sweet and Sour Glaze for Meats, Seafood and Vegetables. This is a very versatile glaze, make it as spicy as you like. It is brushed on near the end of cooking to prevent burning.
Sweet 'n Spicy Asian Glazed Grilled Drumsticks are finger licking good! An inexpensive, weeknight dish you'll want to make all summer long. The longer they marinate the better they taste, so I marinate them at least day before I plan to cook them. You can cook Asian Spicy Sweet and Sour Glaze for Meats, Seafood and Vegetables using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Asian Spicy Sweet and Sour Glaze for Meats, Seafood and Vegetables
- It’s 3/4 cup of light brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of soy sauce.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of rice vinegar.
- It’s 2 tbsp of oyster sauce.
- You need 3 of minced cloves of garlic.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground ginger.
- You need 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of sriraha hot sauce.
- You need 1/4 tsp of red pepper flakes for a mildly spicy sauce increas to 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon for increased heat.
You can also incorporate it into your favorite Chinese dishes like sweet and sour chicken, pork or shrimp, sweet and sour meatballs, Asian salad dressings, and as a glaze for grilled chicken, pork, seafood, kabobs, ribs, etc. It's even delicious just drizzled over a bowl of hot steamed rice. You can also omit the cornstarch and use this sauce. Shrimp, scallops, mussels with lemongrass and Thai hot and sour seasonings.
Asian Spicy Sweet and Sour Glaze for Meats, Seafood and Vegetables step by step
- Combine all ingedients in a saucepan. Bring to a boil reduce heat to a simmer and simmer until thickened to a light glaze about 10 minutes. Store in refrigerator but bring to room temperature for easier brushing..
- Use on grilled chicken, salmon, tuna, shrimp, scallops, pork chops and many vegetables. Great for Kabobs of meat and vegetables. Brush glaze on the last few minutes of cooking to prevent burning..
- Can also be used on roasted meats and vegetables, brushing on near the end of cooking time..
Battered, fried pork, bell peppers and onions in a sweet and sour glaze. Pickled vegetables are an important side dish for spicy, sweet, rich Asian dishes. Crisp and clean with a bit of sweet and sour. Our quick Sweet and Sour Cucumber Pickles will be on the table in no time. The Quick Pickle-Quick pickles are simply a mix of salt, vinegar, sugar, and spices stirred together with vegetables added.