Fried Zucchini with Spicy Dipping Sauce. Note: The zucchini is also wonderful oven "fried" in slices. Omit dipping in the seasoned flour mixture. Dip each slice in the beaten egg wash, then into the bread crumb mixture.
In another pie plate combine panko, Parmesan, parsley, red pepper flakes and salt and pepper, to taste. Crispy Zucchini Sticks with Spicy Marinara Dipping Sauce. Serve the zucchini fries with the dipping sauce on side. You can cook Fried Zucchini with Spicy Dipping Sauce using 20 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Fried Zucchini with Spicy Dipping Sauce
- You need of Fried Zucchini.
- Prepare 1 of peanut oil.
- Prepare 3 large of zucchini.
- You need 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of panko bread crumbs.
- You need 1/4 cup of finely grated Parmesan.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of finely chopped fresh parsley leaves.
- You need 1/2 tsp of red pepper flakes.
- Prepare 2 pinch of of salt and fresely ground black pepper.
- Prepare 3 of eggs, lightly beaten.
- It’s 1/4 cup of water.
- You need of Spicy Dipping Sauce.
- Prepare 1 cup of sour cream.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of buttermilk.
- You need 1 medium of shallot, finely chopped.
- It’s 1 tbsp of chopped chives.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- It’s 1 dash of of hot sauce.
- Prepare 1 pinch of kosher salt.
- It’s 1 pinch of freshely ground black pepper.
While the zucchini fries are baking away, whizz up the Spicy Avocado Dipping Sauce. Ideally use a small food processor , blender or hand-held immersion blender if you have them. They are much easy to manage and clean than a full-size food processor for a small job like this. I can't wait to use this dipping sauce for a ton of other things – chicken fingers, maybe even a salad dressing, a dip for veggies, oh the possibilities.
Fried Zucchini with Spicy Dipping Sauce step by step
- Preheat oil in a deep-fryer to 350°F (medium temperature)..
- Cut zucchini into 1/2-inch rounds..
- Measure flour into a pie plate. In another pie plate, combine panko, Parmesan, parsley, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. In a third plate add eggs and water..
- Dredge the zucchini, on either side and edges, in the flour, followed by the egg, and finally in the panko..
- Working in batches, place the breaded zucchini slices in the hot oil and fry until golden brown, or 3 to 4 minutes..
- Drain each fried zucchini on a paper towel lined sheet tray and immediately season with salt and pepper..
- Serve hot and enjoy!.
- For Spicy Dipping Sauce: Add all the ingredients into a serving bowl and mix until incorporated. Cover with plastic wrap and let flavors marinate for at least 1 hour..
And oh baby, this sauce is so good. Combine breadcrumbs, cheese, and paprika in a shallow dish. Dredge zucchini slices in breadcrumb mixture, and place on a jellyroll pan lined with foil and coated with cooking spray. Drizzle zucchini evenly with olive oil. Working a few at a time, dip zucchini rounds in egg wash, and then gently press both sides into the ciabatta breadcrumbs to coat.